Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 May 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Interested in why on this one? on our recent trip I thought The buses were better than before, only one occasion where we had to stand and that was after fireworks x
Hi, we had terrible experiences last year at the yacht club. It was okay going from the hotel but returning from all the parks was just dreadful. We had many 45 minutes + waits before a bus showed up and always standing room only. I had a little theory that it was due to the new mini vans being tested at the resort. Part of me wondered whether they may have be trying to push us into ordering them? Friends staying at Port Orleans had a very different experience with buses and caught them easily throughout the holiday. Just our bad luck I think!

Edited at 06:20 PM.
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
one thing ok all the Tomorrowland/ future based attractions, its that future now. what does the future of tomorrow look like now.

its the one thing that annoys Disney Board members as this theme costs a lot of money.
Old 12 May 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We found it far worse last trip, DH was ready to explode (and we have no kids to worry about). This year in desperation I've booked the dessert party!
Oh it absolutely was! The crowds for HEA are in a completely different league to Wishes. I’m hoping it will die down once most people have seen HEA but that’s probably just wishful thinking.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
And yet they keep building hotels and adding to DVC when Epcot is in need of an update.(even though its my fav park)
Epcot is about to start a massive update, just in case you didn't know. It's still in blue sky concept art AFAIK but it looks great.

I hope they ditch the whole "future" concept. I know it was the core vision of the original Epcot but FW looks SO tired now. I admit I'm not an Epcot fan anyway but they've allowed the festival popularity to prop up the park attendance and not put any decent investment in it until it's practically too late.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for buses we always find them to be excellent or awful with long waits for them to show up.

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Epcot is about to start a massive update, just in case you didn't know. It's still in blue sky concept art AFAIK but it looks great.

I hope they ditch the whole "future" concept. I know it was the core vision of the original Epcot but FW looks SO tired now. I admit I'm not an Epcot fan anyway but they've allowed the festival popularity to prop up the park attendance and not put any decent investment in it until it's practically too late.
I love the 80s retro feel to Future world in Epcot... guess I'm in the minority!
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
I love the 80s retro feel to Future world in Epcot... guess I'm in the minority!
The overwhelming feel I got when I visited WDW for the first time in 2016 (as a 30 something) was..oh my goodness it’s just like being little again. It was such a nostalgic feeling. The 80s vibe of TTC, Tomorrowland and Epcot were the perfect tearjerking start to my first visit WDW. Not sure that is what they are going for but it worked for me! A strange combination of old school and magic. Though I’m not sure the words ‘tomorrow ‘or ‘future’ apply!
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DoubleDisney View Post
The overwhelming feel I got when I visited WDW for the first time in 2016 (as a 30 something) was..oh my goodness it’s just like being little again. It was such a nostalgic feeling. The 80s vibe of TTC, Tomorrowland and Epcot were the perfect tearjerking start to my first visit WDW. Not sure that is what they are going for but it worked for me! A strange combination of old school and magic. Though I’m not sure the words ‘tomorrow ‘or ‘future’ apply!
Yes! Exactly this- I love the whole feel of it all
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

Since everyone is saying 5th gate to spread the crowds out will go controversial change the fast passes back to choosing on the day. Choosing them so far out makes the Disney experience worse as you are planning it so much leaves less room for changing plans.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft83
Trainee Dibber

I love the 80s retro feel of Epcot too! I love the music as you come in to future world, it's all soaring and inspiring. Epcot is my favourite park.

I'd like to go back to a time when it felt like you were getting genuine magic for your money, rather than having Bob Iger and co gouge you at every opportunity! They're not even pretending to care about customer satisfaction at the moment.

Oh and I'd like to ban business calls anywhere in wdw, having a guy shout at his assistant for 45 minutes from a lounger by stormalong bay really took us out of the magic!
disneydaft83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List