Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 16, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Does anyone know if this is a log flume ride I.e. It has a big drop?
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
International gateway opens and closed at exactly the same times as the main entrance. Its the only way Epcot resort guests can enter the park as there is no transport to the front of the park. France is open for breakfast to the right but the route to Norway will need to be to the left around the front if future world and through Mexico as the WS beyond France wont be open.
So will that be quicker way to go or not? We have a 8 am breakfast at Akershus so wondering if so do IG entrance as have a b and c lunch booked.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
So will that be quicker way to go or not? We have a 8 am breakfast at Akershus so wondering if so do IG entrance as have a b and c lunch booked.
I think it will take about the same amount of time

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
djlaosc
Serious Dibber

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by School teacher View Post
Does anyone know if this is a log flume ride I.e. It has a big drop?
I'm not sure if you have been before, but if so, then if you have been on Maelstrom, then you have been on this ride.

If not, there is at least one small drop, but it is not the size of Splash Mountain or anything like that.

If you look at a video of Maelstrom, then you will be able to see the drop.

According to Wikipedia, the drop in Maelstrom is 28-foot (8.5 m). For comparison, it says that the Splash Mountain drop is 50-foot (15 m) and another site says that the Pirates of the Caribbean drop is 14 feet.
Boma * Mythos * Raglan Road * Rose & Crown * Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater * Splitsville * Yak & Yeti
djlaosc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

Gambled on the FP for this... We are mad keen on test track in our family but figured it will be a fairly new ride so kids will probably want to go on it and they'd never forgive me if they queued for two hours and it was bonk whereas they'd quite happily queue for test track! Hope I made the right decision - only time will tell
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by secretivemum View Post
Gambled on the FP for this... We are mad keen on test track in our family but figured it will be a fairly new ride so kids will probably want to go on it and they'd never forgive me if they queued for two hours and it was bonk whereas they'd quite happily queue for test track! Hope I made the right decision - only time will tell
Snap! Plus kids and DH don't mind queuing for test track😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 16, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What is all this tier one and tier two stuff? Confused?

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 16, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lesley_Perschky View Post
What is all this tier one and tier two stuff? Confused?
You can only book 1 tier 1 FP at Epcot per day plus 2 tier 2 attractions. Frozen ever After, Test Track, Soarin and Illuminations are all in tier 1 (plus living with the land). All other fp attractions at Epcot are tier 2

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List