Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Ahhh just try it... we won't tell him you know how

(And I'm not telling you this fifty something spends her days doing BB support ... Shame on you )
Now this sounded like a laying down of a gauntlet and I am not one to back away from a challenge, plus I am such a nerd and like trying to learn new things...well I remembered that I have a tablet and it can take photos and voila... here is the errant photo of the receipt of the airport breakfast. Of course this brings back memories of the bloody Mary...

Phew I think I've done it!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMommi View Post
I have been planning to do this but I got two toddlers who are always hungry .. which makes it impossible for me to take food photos. T.T
Surely this just makes it easier as there is always food around? Ok so I know it's not that simple and we definitely encountered some tantrums and that was just DH! It's a good job he goes nowhere near the dibb he'd start to feel like I was picking on him.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Great travel day. We also stayed at the Sheraton on 53rd/7th. Will be interesting to see if we visit similar places...
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Fabulous report so far, you do make me laugh with the conversations between you and your DH regarding doing a food report My lot used to be the same and roll their eyes when the camera came out at the table, but now they actually comment that they better not start eating until a photo has been taken! I'm sure your family will come around too

Can't wait to read about your first day in NYC
Oh now I feel like I'm in the presence of Royalty! FUELLADY. IS. READING. MY. REPORT.

I need to say a massive thank you for your very timely trippie and urge people to read it if they are heading to NYC. This is not a subtle hint, this is a massive sledgehammer of a hint, go and read it people. This is not the first time I have recommended your trippie this last week. I am big fan A couple of days ago I was trying to be helpful about the SOL answering some questions in a planning thread post and I couldn't remember how much the lockers cost ...anyway along came Fuelman and he of course has the answers but he was much too cool to brag about the amazing report you'd written and how all the answers to all the questions you didn't even know you had were in it. And, well, I'm not cool at all so I bragged about how brilliant your trippie was on his/your behalf.

Honestly, I'm not joking now and trying to be earnest, it was very helpful... now I am properly embarrassed that you got cut from the Oscar speech in the first post. But I promise you were there! It's just I could feel the director urging me on and the commercials were coming up and I really genuinely worried that everyone would actually go away and find a food report with some food in it if I mentioned too many other reports.

Thanks for reading and for commenting, I hope you enjoy seeing your holiday recreated.

Old 14 Aug 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Loving the report so far, can't wait for some more
Glad to have you you with me.

I really should learn that clever thing better dibbers do when they reply to more than one person at a time.

Hmm... duchy... are you still there?

Old 14 Aug 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Brilliant We won't tell.
American airline's Bloody Mary mix is gorgeous I drink loads of it in flight (without vodka)

As for multiquote ... not a Scooby, only worked about 50% of the time for me so I gave up.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
Great travel day. We also stayed at the Sheraton on 53rd/7th. Will be interesting to see if we visit similar places...
Ooh, what did you think?

Our room was fine enough, but somewhat small for 4 people.

Also, the coffee machine had this special thing where it leaked like a rusty pipe with a million holes in it. :angry: I ended up running backwards and forwards to the bathroom to grab tissues to mop up the mess so we didn't short the circuit. DH said I'd done it on purpose so that he would have to make the coffee the next day. Well, actually, I am not that sort of person who would intentionally make the hot water spill over the sides of the coffee machine thereby ensuring they received coffee in bed the next morning? I. AM. NOT. Plus, the following morning he had the same problems with it as I did! Ha, I told him it was a dodgy machine. We think the special Starbucks pods they'd given us were too large. It was the machinery and not us at fault, of that we are certain, fairly certain, well moderately to 50/50 certain.

And another thing, on our last day we asked them to store our luggage for us, which of course they were happy to, for $5 a bag! seriously, we have never been charged for this before. There were 4 of us and we were flying out to Florida later that day, boy did we have some luggage! I'm still cross about that.

Other than those minor incidences it was a lovely hotel.

Old 14 Aug 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Brilliant We won't tell.
American airline's Bloody Mary mix is gorgeous I drink loads of it in flight (without vodka)

As for multiquote ... not a Scooby, only worked about 50% of the time for me so I gave up.
Oh well, I better go and find a proper technical support expert, erm

Old 14 Aug 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh, what did you think?

Our room was fine enough, but somewhat small for 4 people.

Also, the coffee machine had this special thing where it leaked like a rusty pipe with a million holes in it. :angry: I ended up running backwards and forwards to the bathroom to grab tissues to mop up the mess so we didn't short the circuit. DH said I'd done it on purpose so that he would have to make the coffee the next day. Well, actually, I am not that sort of person who would intentionally make the hot water spill over the sides of the coffee machine thereby ensuring they received coffee in bed the next morning? I. AM. NOT. Plus, the following morning he had the same problems with it as I did! Ha, I told him it was a dodgy machine. We think the special Starbucks pods they'd given us were too large. It was the machinery and not us at fault, of that we are certain, fairly certain, well moderately to 50/50 certain.

And another thing, on our last day we asked them to store our luggage for us, which of course they were happy to, for $5 a bag! seriously, we have never been charged for this before. There were 4 of us and we were flying out to Florida later that day, boy did we have some luggage! I'm still cross about that.

Other than those minor incidences it was a lovely hotel.
Yeah, we found the room pretty small. My kids are 16 and 22 so that makes it a little bit worse. I don't think we ever used the coffee machine though. And yeah, I was pretty surprise when we were asked to pay for the left luggage room
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh now I feel like I'm in the presence of Royalty! FUELLADY. IS. READING. MY. REPORT.

I need to say a massive thank you for your very timely trippie and urge people to read it if they are heading to NYC. This is not a subtle hint, this is a massive sledgehammer of a hint, go and read it people. This is not the first time I have recommended your trippie this last week. I am big fan A couple of days ago I was trying to be helpful about the SOL answering some questions in a planning thread post and I couldn't remember how much the lockers cost ...anyway along came Fuelman and he of course has the answers but he was much too cool to brag about the amazing report you'd written and how all the answers to all the questions you didn't even know you had were in it. And, well, I'm not cool at all so I bragged about how brilliant your trippie was on his/your behalf.

Honestly, I'm not joking now and trying to be earnest, it was very helpful... now I am properly embarrassed that you got cut from the Oscar speech in the first post. But I promise you were there! It's just I could feel the director urging me on and the commercials were coming up and I really genuinely worried that everyone would actually go away and find a food report with some food in it if I mentioned too many other reports.

Thanks for reading and for commenting, I hope you enjoy seeing your holiday recreated.
OMG, Abby you are hilarious Thank you for the accolade but honestly there are people on here a million times cooler than me and who know a million more things than me! You're writing style is amazing, so witty... a Dibb legend is born

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List