Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Feb 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start to your report, I will be following along. I hope you enjoy your holiday.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving this report! Making me hungry 😋
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trading Disney Pins

Day 3 - AK / MK

Thanks again for the comments all, we are having a great time, it's just going so fast though!

I'll keep the ice cream tip in mind, thanks

Yes the cider came as part of the QS credit.

Day 3 started with a visit to the food court again, to get our trio of pain au chocolat, cinnamon bun and cinnamon crumb cake, for 1 QS credit.

We then headed to Animal Kingdom for the morning, and tried the famous Flame Tree BBQ. We ordered:
1 ribs chicken and pulled pork sampler, with beans and coleslaw.
1 mac and cheese with pulled pork, coleslaw and onion rings.
With these meals we got a safari amber beer and a mandarin orange vodka lemonade.
We then used 1 more QS credit to get 3 snacks:
1 fries with pulled pork
1 onion rings basket
1 mandarin orange lemonade (non alc)

The meat was good, nice and tender, although on the whole we were a bit disappointed.. we think the portion sizes are smaller than what they used to be.. the mac and cheese very poor value if paying out of pocket, they even forgot the onion rings on top (though not a problem for us). We did like the mandarin drink.

We then spent the afternoon in Magic Kingdom, and got to cross off 2 more must eats...
1 funnel cake with strawberry and cream
1 ice cream cookie sandwich
Both from sleepy hollow, using 2 snack credits

We then did monorail resort hopping.. starting at the contemporary and the contempo cafe. Here we spent 1 snack credit getting the peanut butter pie

This is peanut butter cream cheese on a bed of vanilla cream in a pie crust.. defo recommend. The contempo cafe cabinet looked quite good:

They also had the rose gold ear cupcake, if that's your thing!

After contemporary came the Polynesian! And our first taste of a dole whip. Again we used 1 snack credit to get a vanilla / dole whip swirl:

We didn't really get the hype with them...! We won't be getting another.

We headed back to the hotel then decided to head to Port Orleans French Quarter for dinner. The food court seemed so much smaller than Riverside, we were quite surprised, we always thought it looked quite big from the photos. We used 4 QS credits to get:
1 build your own rice bowl with shrimp
1 BBQ burger
2 prime ribs with choice of 3 sides.
Then using our drinks as snacks,
2 beignets (6 in each portion)
1 mini king cake
1 pecan praline

I really enjoyed the rice bowl, they put a BBQ glaze on top too. The prime rib was apparently good too as was the burger. The mini king cake is actually a cinnamon bun. The pecan praline is like a tablet fudge type thing. And the beignets... well, when they're warm they are great... we ate a couple and took the rest back to our room... within an hour they had gone cold and chewy and were near enough inedible.. so do eat them fresh!

QS credits remaining: 68
Snack credits remaining: 84

Tomorrow - Kennedy space center
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

yum!
looks lovely <3
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Great to see china plates and real cutlery at POFQ 😊
Old 5 Feb 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

The food looks really good at POFQ, looking forward to our stay there in October. The funnel cake looks delicious, was that a snack credit? Can you get the dipping sauces with the beignets? We are looking forward to trying these too, thanks for the tip about eating them warm.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Great start ... look forward to following along, have a fab time

You can't write off Dole whip after having a vanilla swirl. You must try the pineapple float, that's the business end of the Dole experience
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trading Disney Pins

Ha, i'll ask the others then if they still want to do the dole whip float or the pineapple upside down cake (I don't like pineapple myself)

Yes the funnel cake with the toppings is one snack credit - think it's sleepy hollow and oasis canteen in Hollywood studios that includes the toppings on the funnel cake as a snack credit.

And yes I forgot to mention the cutlery at pofq! It's is indeed China plates and proper silver cutlery, so much easier to eat with.
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trading Disney Pins

Day 4 - Kennedy Space Center

We started the morning by grabbing 2 drinks using snack credits... 1 smartwater and 1 pineapple Fanta.

We spent the day today at kennedy space center. We hadn't packed any snacks so were reliant on the food options there. Just a tip, the best food place we found was in the apollo/Saturn centre just after the bus tour.. (best, as in most options). They did hot food as well as wraps and sandwiches. We went back to the main visitor center to eat and wanted to just grab a cold sandwich but we couldn't find them anywhere there! So as we were hungry we ended up having to get more burgers

We got 2 chicken tender burgers, 1 buffalo chicken burger and 1 create your own salad. It was quite tasty and came to $33 with a coffee too.

Back at Riverside, we went to the food court for dinner. We used 3 QS credits for:
2 flatbread pizzas
1 create your own salad with salmon
Using our drinks for snacks:
1 magic cookie bar (love these)
1 carrot cake
1 red velvet cake

We enjoyed the pizzas and I liked my salad, felt just like being at Tossed. I ordered mine with salmon but they didn't have any available so cooked me a fresh batch, which was nice and moist when it arrived.

Just for information this is what they have up in the food court:

QS meals remaining: 65
Snacks remaining: 82

Today (finally caught up!) - Universal
Old 5 Feb 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start, thanks for sharing think everyone ends up with the same meal at KSC!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List