Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Nov 12, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I was so excited to see you had started a new dining report. Yours are my favourite!

I'm even more excited about you doing DxDP! So jealous.

Your DD has grown so much since your last trip. She seems so much older, it's funny how time flies.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 12, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
irishgal
Excited about Disney

I love your foodie reports! Can't wait for more
irishgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Loving the report. thanks for posting about the yachtsman. i wondered if it would be too fussy for us but the steaks look great.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 12, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving your report although I'm depressed as I don't know when our next trip will be! I have decided though that if they continue to do free DDP we'll do some signatures the next time and really fancy the Yachtsman.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 12, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Day 4 EPCOT Akershus and Garden Grill

Breakfast

Akershus, Epcot

Rating Good

Another before park opening start to the day.

We had an 8.30am adr but were seated early as soon as we checked in.

This was our fourth time here. You get a photo package with Belle which is included in the price then are shown to your table. There is a small buffet (buffet is the same from both ends) with fruit, pastries, bagels and smoked salmon then the server brings a platter to share with sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and cheese potato casserole which is really good. We had juice and coffee to drink – think DD had chocolate milk.

The food is very fresh – we all enjoyed. They ask if you want more of the platter food, I know we had some more potatoes.

DD met Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel. The princesses also do a parade with the little girls around the restaurant every 20 mins or so.

I realised DD aged 6 has definitely outgrown princesses. When we went when she was 4 she was wowed by meeting them. She was still happy to pose for pictures with them and we all enjoyed the meal.

Used 3 TS credits

Edited at 11:39 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 12, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Snacks

I got a strawberry mango smoothie from a kiosk near mission space (1 snack credit)

DD had a chocolate cake and we shared a soda from sunshine seasons (2 snack credits)

Food and wine

We all shared some of the food and wine offerings for lunch – they are a snack credit and some are very good value. I did also get a Disney F & W wrist gift card to pay for alcohol with.

We tried the pulled pork, jerk chicken, dragon berry smoothie (alcoholic), empanadas, steak skewer, shrimp taco and beef taco. My favourite was the shrimp taco.

We also stopped in Norway at the bakery and shared a school bread, voss water and soda for 3 snack credits. DH especially loved the school bread – it had a custardy filling like a vanilla slice and coconut on top.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dinner

Garden Grill, Epcot

Rating Excellent

This was a surprise hit with us all. DH and DD really hadn’t fancied it foodwise but we all enjoyed the food.

Our adr was for 5.50pm. Before eating we did the living the land boat tour so we could see where some of the food we would be eating is grown. We had a great server and really fun character interaction.

This was the best interaction we had. The characters weren’t rushed – came around twice and had time to interact not just pose for a picture and sign the autograph.

It’s a set meal for adults – we liked the bread rolls and salad to start. Then a platter was brought with steak, tilapia and turkey. There wasn’t much steak on the platter – just 2 small pieces but when DH asked for more he was brought a big plate of just that.

DD got a kids platter – chicken drumstick, sweet potato fries and broccoli. She had some of hers and ours. DH also ate some of her fries – think we also had some more of those.

DH tried one of the organic beers on the menu. We all had coke to drink.

The restaurant moves very slowly past the living the land scenes – DD was very impressed by this.

For dessert the children’s dessert had just changed to a cupcake – the server brought us one each. The adult dessert was fruit cobbler and vanilla cream which was good.

Old 22 Nov 12, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
This was a fun relaxing meal – I liked the private booth seating, food and character interaction. Would definitely do again.

Used 3 TS credits
Old 23 Nov 12, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 5 Hollywood Studios - Prime Time and Brown Derby

Breakfast Starring rolls, Hollywood studios

As the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine didn’t appeal (DD didn’t know who the characters were) we opted for an early lunch instead. We were still at Hollywood studios before opening though.

After riding toy story twice we had some breakfast at starring rolls. They do have toasted bagels and muffins for breakfast we just opted for cake instead! DH got a red velvet cupcake which was very good and DD a m & m brownie which was very chocolately. I had a bite of each. We also got an iced coffee (not so good) (3 snack credits)
Old 23 Nov 12, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Lunch, Prime time, Hollywood Studios

Rating – ok

We had an 11 am adr and got there before opening. At check in I asked for a TV table. This was our first time here.

Our server played the cousin role – sitting down at our table and making DD set the table but nothing too wild.

I tried the peanut butter and jelly milkshake – which just tasted of peanut butter to me but glad I tried it. You got lots – a glass full plus the container full. DH and DD had cherry coke – which is made with cherry syrup.

To start DH and I had onion rings for appetiser which were good. DD had fruit and shared ours.

I tried the fried chicken (I asked for white meat) but it was too greasy for me – with hindsight fried onion rings + fried chicken on an emptyish stomach at 11 am were not a good idea. I felt a bit queasy for a few hours afterwards – it was also a really hot day which didn’t help.