Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 15, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Video 'Guaranteed' Room on Disney Dream...need help!

We're going to attempt booking our first cruise tonight with a US TA - 3 nights on the Disney Dream in August, just myself and OH.

The cheapest room we can book is cat 11B but its called a 'guarantee' status room or something along those lines - its been described to me by the TA as a room which will be assigned when we check in, but this means there is a possibility we could be 'bumped' up to the next category of room, free of charge. Probably not though, knowing my luck

For £80 extra, we could book a stateroom with obstructed verandah. Again, I don't have a room number for this to check whereabouts it is on the ship.

So my question is really - what would you do? With such limited information, i'm concerned about what choice to make! Its our first cruise and I know from stalking these boards that some people say having a verandah is a waste as you spend a lot of time elsewhere, but then again, the thoughts of sitting out there at night watching the water go by before bed sound lovely

Your opinions and advice would be very welcome, and I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times! xx
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I'd take the guarantee room and see what you get.i don't think on a 3 night its going to matter which room you are in.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 15, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,
We booked our first ever cruise direct through Disney last year and booked a Family VGT room on the 'Dream' (a veranda guaranteed room with restrictions) We weren't allocated a stateroom number at booking, but got an email about 1 week prior to our cruise informing us of our stateroom. I'm not sure if this will be the same for you, when booking via a US TA, but we took the risk as to what we were given and we weren't disappointed in the slightest.
Our room had an obstructed view, but to be honest it was minimal and isn't a cause for concern if you got allocated one these rooms. We were on deck 10 and couldn't of asked for better stateroom. I know people have there own preferences to room types and location, but this was our first time and we didn't know any different! We were that pleased with the location of our stateroom and loved all aspects of the cruise, (despite never ever fancying one before) we have just booked another for this August on the same deck, just a few rooms down from where we originally stayed... can't wait!
If I were you though, I'd definitely pay the extra £80 to have a stateroom with a veranda, obstructed or not. We couldn't fault ours. You will not regret it!
Having said all that... you will have an amazing time on board from start to finish, no matter what room you stay in!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 15, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Awww thanks very much for your replies...we just booked today, direct with disney as I didn't fancy taking a chance on the exchange rate with the elections coming up, even at today's rate direct with disney was £20 cheaper.

We've ended up going for the same as you I think Robbo, a GTY stateroom with navigators verandah, I'm so so excited! Hope you have a fab time in August! xx
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 15, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Awww thanks very much for your replies...we just booked today, direct with disney as I didn't fancy taking a chance on the exchange rate with the elections coming up, even at today's rate direct with disney was £20 cheaper.

We've ended up going for the same as you I think Robbo, a GTY stateroom with navigators verandah, I'm so so excited! Hope you have a fab time in August! xx

I'm sure you will have a great time but if you had used a US TA you would have got extra onboard credit from them as well as Disney's Onboard credit... but I do agree the $$ rate is poor at the minute
Old 5 Apr 15, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Well we did go back to TA to ask for their price but they didn't have any availability in the category we wanted, only DCL did, which I thought was strange!

But it's not their fault and the next available category was too expensive for us so we went direct with DCL in the end xx
Old 5 Apr 15, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread