Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Sep 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone been to Barbados?

We’re looking to get away for a couple of weeks in September/October. We’ve looked at Greece, which is a ‘possible’, but I’m worried about the flights as I feel that even though we’d be going to a quiet villa, the number of recent cases of people testing positive following the flight concerns me.

I’ve just started looking at Barbados. Think we need a Covid test before flying but has anyone been recently or have any recommendations?

Thank you.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been to Barbados 5 times and really like it. Lots of variation, the West Coast has the best beaches (Can be expensive) and the east coast is very cornwall like, good beaches but high waves so not too good for swimming). The local buses are a cheap way to get around and are good fun or car hire is ok. Use only registered taxis otherwise. We like to go self catering and stay near Holetown but there are lots of restaurants at any range of prices, from very expensive to the local fast food Chefette. The area around St Laurence Gap can get very noisy at night at one end so if going there consider that. We were thinking of trying for a trip in Oct too but note that the Barbados authority require tests when you arrive and isolation in your hotel until results. However this wouldn’t really be a problem. We have never had a safety problem and just take normal care. Places to see and things to do would include, swimming and snorkelling, catamaran trips, jeep excursions, lunch at the Crane resort
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've been to Barbados and really enjoyed it. Not the cheapest island in the Caribbean but it's really safe and the locals are friendly from what we experienced. We stayed at The Colony Club which I can highly recommend.
Old 4 Sep 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I’m going to follow this with interest, thinking Barbados may be our plan for next year. We need a hotel room that has more then 2 double beds which is as ever the potential sticking point. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it though.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
I’m going to follow this with interest, thinking Barbados may be our plan for next year. We need a hotel room that has more then 2 double beds which is as ever the potential sticking point. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it though.
We stayed at the Savannah Beach with VH all inclusive. It was amazing. Across the road was the horse racing track and a couple of the key tourist attractions.

Our room had two double beds and steps down to the pool. We met a family that had a larger room with a double bed upstairs and another double bed and sofa bed in the lounge.

We saw turtles laying eggs on the beach and the locals releasing baby turtles into the sea at night. We used the hotel free bus to a another local beach as the hotel one was a bit stoney (great for snorkeling) and other reggae buses to Bridgetown.

Can't recommend enough.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We stayed at the Savannah Beach with VH all inclusive. It was amazing. Across the road was the horse racing track and a couple of the key tourist attractions.

Our room had two double beds and steps down to the pool. We met a family that had a larger room with a double bed upstairs and another double bed and sofa bed in the lounge.

We saw turtles laying eggs on the beach and the locals releasing baby turtles into the sea at night. We used the hotel free bus to a another local beach as the hotel one was a bit stoney (great for snorkeling) and other reggae buses to Bridgetown.

Can't recommend enough.
That sounds fantastic, fingers crossed we will get there next year.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We have booked Barbados for next year ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

One of my daughter's therapists here in Florida goes to Barbados a few times a year to work with disabled children there. She has not visited since March due to the possible quarantine issue. She has been told by the parents there that if someone sitting close to you on the plane tests positive you would also have to quarantine. There are 3 specific hotels for this so it isn't just being confined to your own hotel. I would advise looking into the rules very carefully.

In normal times it is a lovely island that I have visited many times. It has far more small independently owned hotels, restaurants and even car hire companies than most Caribbean islands. It also has far less focus on self contained all inclusive resorts.

Edited at 09:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’d love to go back in Oct for my birthday and there’s a lot of tempting offers at places we know would be great but we daren’t risk the quarantine rulings both there and possibly here.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. We just don’t know what to do. Desperate to get away but don’t want to risk the quarantine on arrival. Don’t mind so much when back home! Still pondering...
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List