Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Aug 14, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post

We've always visited MK on our first day, gets you in the mood for the rest of the trip, as you say. Well done for making it in time for rope drop, that's something we haven't managed to date. I'd also love to know why the Peter Pan queue is always mental, so much so that we've never actually ridden. I've already been ordered to sort out a FastPass+ for this next year.

Dinner sounds a bit 'meh'. I'm wondering if we'll feel like that on our next trip as there are a few places we'll be eating at for the third trip in a row, although mostly that's because we're going with extended family 'first-timers'.

I had to chuckle at the 'in bed by 8.30' comment, as that was us on day one last time around. Another great read.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LoMaddy View Post
Can't wait to get back to eat funnell cake!

Brilliant day, plenty of food pics and you stayed awake after your early start!

Lynn
Funnel cakes are awesome! One thing we found (as you'll know if you've read the rest) is that early night's were a regular thing on this holiday!

TFR

#DibbAfterDarkCrew

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Can't believe the coffee machine name...almost enough to turn me against caffeine! ;-) Never managed to do rope drop yet so really hoping to manage it next time..and as that will be first time taking DD don't think it will be a problem getting up :-) Love trippie so far, sorry am so far behind in reading it!
It was our first rope drop too and it was brilliant. I think it's going to become part of the first day tradition!

Don't worry about being behind, I'm just appreciative of the fact that you're reading it!

Hope you enjoy it!

Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
We've always visited MK on our first day, gets you in the mood for the rest of the trip, as you say. Well done for making it in time for rope drop, that's something we haven't managed to date. I'd also love to know why the Peter Pan queue is always mental, so much so that we've never actually ridden. I've already been ordered to sort out a FastPass+ for this next year.

Dinner sounds a bit 'meh'. I'm wondering if we'll feel like that on our next trip as there are a few places we'll be eating at for the third trip in a row, although mostly that's because we're going with extended family 'first-timers'.

I had to chuckle at the 'in bed by 8.30' comment, as that was us on day one last time around. Another great read.
I recommend rope drop if you can make it. It's good to do it early in the trip when you're up early anyway.

Definitely won't bother with Whispering Canyon Cafe again; there's plenty of better options.

TFR
Old 25 Aug 14, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

UPDATE: Just thought you might want to know about a conversation Isabella and I had last week.

We were discussing next year's trip to WDW and we were talking about who she wants to meet; Mickey, various Princesses etc. All of a sudden she says "I don't want to meet the bears, they are scary". After a little bit of thinking I realise she's taking about the Country Bear Jamboree! So, it looks like that's off the cards for next year!

Edited at 03:09 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stewboy View Post
UPDATE: Just thought you might want to know about a conversation Isabella and I had last week.

We were discussing next year's trip to WDW and we were talking about who she wants to meet; Mickey, various Princesses etc. All of a sudden she says "I don't want to meet the bears, they are scarey". After a little bit of thinking I realise she's taking about the Country Bear Jamboree! So, it looks like that's off the cards for next year!
Ah bless her! Our daughter will be 4 when we take her and am hoping she will be okay meeting characters - anything like she was with Iggle Piggle and Oopsie Daisy at CBeebiesland and we'll be ok! ;-)
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 14, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Ah bless her! Our daughter will be 4 when we take her and am hoping she will be okay meeting characters - anything like she was with Iggle Piggle and Oopsie Daisy at CBeebiesland and we'll be ok! ;-)
I'm sure she'll love it