Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

What a PITA that was finally booked DLP

Any one booking in a trip soon should be aware of very misleading offers on the Disney websites at the min.

they have a number of offers running, 1 offer is 30% off and free half board, the second offer is free ferry crossing and the third is 35% off Davey crocket ranch.

I was online trying to book the free ferry crossing offer which includes the 30% off and free half board as it can be combined with other offers. the summary is very clear about this but as soon as you put the dates in it automatically gives you the best offer on the accommodation ie 35% off Davey Crocket.

the options at this stage do not include the free ferry crossing or half board...

I have just spent an hour on the phone to Disney travel company trying to get the correct offer. I have managed this but I cannot under seem to replicate the offer i have online as it seems impossible to select the free ferry crossing and the accommodation without it being over ridden by the accommodation offer.

So if any one is booking a cheap get away at the min be careful. The CM on the phone was struggling with my problem as she cannot access the website to see the blurb or what happens in real time, not v helpful

Edited at 11:49 AM.
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Was this with the Walt Disney Travel company, rather than Disney direct?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

it was as selecting the free ferry option form their website directed me to the WD travel Company.
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

I booked a few weeks ago via Walt Disney Travel company website and got the free ferry and half board at Davy Crockett's for August this year.

I had to call a few days later as I'd realised I'd booked the same dates that my uni exams will be (ooops) and I didn't want half board standard so paid for the half board plus.

Glad you got it sorted, but yes I agree the website was a wee bit confusing when you read the blurb, but it automatically brought up the free ferry when I selected self drive and the dates etc.

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
I booked a few weeks ago via Walt Disney Travel company website and got the free ferry and half board at Davy Crockett's for August this year.

I had to call a few days later as I'd realised I'd booked the same dates that my uni exams will be (ooops) and I didn't want half board standard so paid for the half board plus.

Glad you got it sorted, but yes I agree the website was a wee bit confusing when you read the blurb, but it automatically brought up the free ferry when I selected self drive and the dates etc.

xx
I would say it was more than confusing as it automatically selects the cheapest deal when you put the dates in then doesn't give the option to use the more expensive offers at all. I have tried several times through different links and cannot actually get to book the deal I wanted on-line. I would go as far as to say it was false advertising as I cannot book the deal as advertised from their website. I think it is due to there being 2 separate deals for Davey Crocket running at the same time.
Old 28 Mar 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread