Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
James&Gemma
Excited about Disney

James&Gemma's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 85
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I think it was about 20 euro each way. This route planner from Sanef should show the tolls:

saneftolling/support/toll_rates

If you're going through the tunnel, put Coquelles as your starting point. If you're going by ferry, just put whichever port you're sailing into. I don't think there's any difference as far as tolls are concerned anyway, but I'm not 100% sure.
thank you
Nov 17 - Xander's 1st trip to see his pal - SLGF DLP Nov 14 - James 30th - Efteling, DLS Disneyland Hotel Sep 13 - Honeymoon - HRH, Disney Cruise, WDW PR Jan 13 - Japan - Tokyo Disney Resort Sep 12 - Gemma's 30th - DLP SL Nov 11 - Drive from San Fran to LA, Disneyland
Jan 10 - Our 1st holiday together - WDW
James&Gemma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccacassar
Earning My Ears

This is great advice thank you - it hadn't even occurred to me about the toll roads!

It appears to be easier to do it by card then (I assume its contactless?) but does anyone know if visa debit cards would charge me per transaction? They don't charge me for normal transactions here in the uk? Thanks!
rebeccacassar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not contactless, you insert the card and it reads it and spits it out, no need for pin. Different cards have different foreign transaction fees, you’d need to ask your bank.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rebeccacassar View Post
This is great advice thank you - it hadn't even occurred to me about the toll roads!

It appears to be easier to do it by card then (I assume its contactless?) but does anyone know if visa debit cards would charge me per transaction? They don't charge me for normal transactions here in the uk? Thanks!
Have a look on your bank's website; they should have info on there about fees for using your card abroad. Mine is a visa debit card with Halifax, and doesn't incur any fees in the UK, but does charge a fee per transaction if I use it abroad.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccacassar
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys, I think we are going to go with the euros!

Also, does anyone know if there are any suitable places to stop along the way after getting off the Eurotunnel to eat/use the restrooms/take a break?
rebeccacassar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post

They are called "Aires" and are approximately every 12 miles or so. Be warned - some are better than others. And take wipes - toilet facilities can vary vastly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccacassar
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
They are called "Aires" and are approximately every 12 miles or so. Be warned - some are better than others. And take wipes - toilet facilities can vary vastly.
Thanks Geoffa

Are there any ones in particular you can recommend? Or does it state on the signs what restaurants/shops there are like ours do in the UK?