Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Hand luggage

Quick question.. I know I'm about to sound dumb but my airline says you can take one piece of free hand luggage each. If my children each take a small cabin suitcase does this mean they couldnt take a small backpack with things to keep them entertained on the plane aswell?
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD usually has cabin case and backpack. X
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Unlikely as that would be two pieces of hand luggage. I would also check size and weight allowed. If you tell us the airline others who have travelled with them may be able to help.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

It's normally one piece of hand luggage up to whatever weight and size the airline state on their website. In addition to this you are allowed [in the case of Virgin];

* Your handbag, small backpack/rucksack, pocketbook or purse, as you would normally use it (in other words, not just being used to contain items that would otherwise be regarded as baggage)
* Your overcoat or wrap
* Your umbrella or walking stick (these cannot be pointed or sharp)
* A small camera and/or pair of binoculars
* A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight
* An infant’s food (for consumption on the flight)
* A small amount of duty free goods
* Headphones for onboard use (they’ll need the standard 3.5mm jack).

So small childrens backpacks with stuff to keep them amused during the flight will be no problem. I suspect BA have the same policy too as it's pretty standard amongst full-service airlines. Possible that TUI may be different / stricter.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

I'm travelling with tui
Old 21 Oct 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

google/url?sa=t&sour...nMk2ius6CqJdPx

Seems to suggest it is one bag only and any smaller bags must fit within this.

How seriously they enforce this I have no idea.

Most airlines usually allow.an additional small bag as long as it can go under the seat. TUI looks like an exception.

It's a risk for you to assess. Never used TUI so can't even give a view on leniency.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

TUI are very strict on hand luggage... and also weigh it sometimes... 1 piece per passenger... this from TUI

We know that travelling with infants can be quite stressful, so we've done our best to make this as straightforward as possible. Whilst there's no hand luggage allowance for infants due to limited overhead locker room, you can bring a pushchair or car seat for free. If you've booked a holiday - with flights, hotel and transfers included - there's 10kg of checked-in luggage included for each infant. This doesn't apply to Flight Only bookings.

The 10kg checked-in luggage allowance for infants can be pooled across your party. However, no one piece of luggage can weigh more than 25kg.

It would appear that it is 1 passenger 1 piece of hand luggage irrespective of age..
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List