Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 10 May 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Action Camera for the Parks/Waterparks

Hey!

Just wondering what people suggest as the best action camera to use whilst in the parks / theme parks? It's mainly only going to be used for the odd ride, slides in the water parks and of course the wet zone in the Shamu show!

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Universal and seaworld you cant take cameras on to the rides. Disney is different though you can.

Go pro's are good but expensive and the quality of sound that comes through isn't fantastic.

We have used this camera for 2 years and quality is actually pretty decent. currys/gbuk/cameras...58255-pdt.html

Edited at 04:44 PM.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball18
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

GoPro is obviously the big name for cameras like this but there are a good few alternatives around.

I've got a SJCAM SJ4000 that does the same and is HD, costs a fraction of the price of a GoPro. I posted a couple of videos from this camera on here if you wanted to see

Thoroughly recommend it but be careful if copies of this camera. If you want to know any more let me know
Snowball18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

This is great - thank you

I'll take a look at both of these options and see if they will be better for us than the GoPro...I can't believe how expensive the Hero5 is still!
Old 11 May 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball18 View Post
GoPro is obviously the big name for cameras like this but there are a good few alternatives around.

I've got a SJCAM SJ4000 that does the same and is HD, costs a fraction of the price of a GoPro. I posted a couple of videos from this camera on here if you wanted to see

Thoroughly recommend it but be careful if copies of this camera. If you want to know any more let me know
Hi. Please could you share a link to the vids you took on this camera? For £50 instead of £500 I'm tempted to have a look

EDIT: Just seen there is an SJ5000 now for £104 that is WiFi enabled and records 4K video! Bargain!

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023

Edited at 08:46 AM.
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball18
Very Serious Dibber

Will send you a DM with the link if that's ok? And will tell you what the genuine SJ cameras look like!
Snowball18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Will send you a DM with the link if that's ok? And will tell you what the genuine SJ cameras look like!
Would it be possible to get a DM from you as well, please?

I was just about to come on here and ask for advice, but this thread got here first!

Many thanks,

Chris.
Old 11 May 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd love a link too if that's ok?
Old 11 May 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
Hi. Please could you share a link to the vids you took on this camera? For £50 instead of £500 I'm tempted to have a look

EDIT: Just seen there is an SJ5000 now for £104 that is WiFi enabled and records 4K video! Bargain!
Old 11 May 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cruse4 View Post
Would it be possible to get a DM from you as well, please?

I was just about to come on here and ask for advice, but this thread got here first!

Many thanks,

Chris.
Yeah, not a problem