Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Oct 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Birthday celebrations

My ds will turn 8 during our trip next February. We're staying at Newport bay.

I think I read I can order him a cake and was thinking we'd go to inventions that day. Is there anything else available for birthdays ?
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You can get a badge from City Hall or your hotel.

If you pop into City Hall ask for his call from Mickey - the CM will bring him a phone to listen.

They seem to have two types of cake now. The ice cream one is very big, feeds about 10 and melts straight away, so you end up giving most of it to random strangers.

We saw a chocolate mousse cake in an 'abstract Mickey' shape which looked nice. There were 4 adults round the table and they had a big slice each. I don't think it would survive being taken out of the restaurant though.

If you go to Inventions the characters bring it and the CMs sing happy birthday.

I do feel a bit annoyed at the idea of paying big bucks for a birthday cake when you are already paying for a buffet with loads of lovely desserts! But there's no denying it would definitely be the most special way to do it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You can get a badge from City Hall or your hotel.

If you pop into City Hall ask for his call from Mickey - the CM will bring him a phone to listen.

They seem to have two types of cake now. The ice cream one is very big, feeds about 10 and melts straight away, so you end up giving most of it to random strangers.

We saw a chocolate mousse cake in an 'abstract Mickey' shape which looked nice. There were 4 adults round the table and they had a big slice each. I don't think it would survive being taken out of the restaurant though.

If you go to Inventions the characters bring it and the CMs sing happy birthday.

I do feel a bit annoyed at the idea of paying big bucks for a birthday cake when you are already paying for a buffet with loads of lovely desserts! But there's no denying it would definitely be the most special way to do it.
Thank you

The cake is a tricky one. I can see it getting wasted as there's only 4 of us. Will have to have a think about that. We're staying in compass club so I guess I could always ask their desk if they have any ideas. Knowing my son he won't even like the cake!

Do you have to pre book the mickey phone call or just turn up and explain it's his birthday ?
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tides
Helping Minnie

We were there last week for my Nieces 8th Birthday and had the Birthday cake whilst at Inventions. It did taste amazing, but we weren't allowed to take it away with us, so we literally had just over half a cake wasted
Also, there were no Birthday badges in our hotel or City Hall They've been waiting for new stock for a couple of months apparently
DLR: 2011 Sheraton Park, Anaheim
Disney Cruise line: 2013 Disney Fantasy, 2016 Disney Magic
Tides is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tides
Helping Minnie

Sorry just remembered, we did the Mickey Birthday Call in our hotel room, just speak to the Compass Club Concierge and they'll tell you the number to dial.
DLR: 2011 Sheraton Park, Anaheim
Disney Cruise line: 2013 Disney Fantasy, 2016 Disney Magic
Tides is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tides View Post
Sorry just remembered, we did the Mickey Birthday Call in our hotel room, just speak to the Compass Club Concierge and they'll tell you the number to dial.
Thank you.

I think really we'd be paying 30 euro (or whatever price is maybe 20) for the characters to sing and bring the cake. With a great big buffet like that I bet we wouldn't eat the cake. I'm not sure ds will even want the whole singing in front of everyone, however if we go on his birthday at don't do it whilst others are getting cakes I think he might wonder why he didn't get one. The last thing I want is his lasting impression to be remember when I didn't get a birthday cake on my birthday. I think I'll just book one!

I'm going to bring a birthday badge with me I think in case they don't have one and will speak with compassclub as well.