Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Jan 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post
Loved reading this trip report, went back and did the Pretrip as well, and though I didn't fully take on your g&t suggestion I did whip up a few espresso martinis.
Had a plan to spend my 40th in Orlando, but alas flight prices mean we leave a few days later. The teenager has decided she wants a more chilled orlando holiday this year so I think we are giving Disney a miss. Hoping to book a meal or two in some of the hotels though so I can get a look around. Had plans to get all sorted this week, as the time will fly quickly when I'm back to work(no days off bar Xmas in December so I'm taking all my days now) but in reality I'm sitting reading trip reports and cook books
Thank you for the comment! I am pleased I enabled some espresso martinis, that sounds just the job.

I can't imagine doing a non-Disney year - good luck with the planning. Surely a trip to Disney Springs is a must?

Trip reports and cook books sounds like a pretty good use of time, TBH.

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Actually proper LOL’d that Andy has a plug spreadsheet! Hilarious!

Glad the cats were ok! I can imagine how anxious you were about leaving them!

I’ll say it again, HOW can you not like Pringle’s?! But you like salty popcorn? 😮

So happy you had a positive experience with BA. That’s the type of plane we had to Nashville and it was great!

Aww I can feel the emotion at your check in to the Beach Club! One day I want that feeling! Very happy the scent matched too

Your room looked gorgeous! What a result.

I’ve never seen the Boardwalk anything other than calm when we’ve walked round it, so the party atmosphere must have been a surprise!

Loved this! Can’t wait for Day 1! #chopchop

xxx
Are you actually surprised at the plug (and window) spreadsheet though? You KNOW things can't be trusted.

Pringles have never borne any resemblance to a potato. I heard if you burn them they turn blue from all the chemicals...obviously M&S onion rings are 100% onion though, ahem...

Yes, the Boardwalk was mad. Lisa would have loved it, I think the DJ was playing Bieber *shudders*

Originally Posted by corey1 View Post
Enjoyed your travel day and looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great room 👍
Thank you - yes, we were so happy with the room - both the size of it and the location.

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Yesssss, I love a Helen and Andy trip report I rarely wear perfume as strong scents give me a headache but the difference between parfum and toilette is huge, toilette is greatly watered down and that’s usually reflected in the price. I may be wrong about this but I think that’s why ladies used to use those beautiful perfume spritzer bottles- they’d mix the ‘pure’ parfum with water to get their desired strength.
I’m also shocked that anyone could dislike Pringles, they are the king of crisps!
I’ve only experienced the Boardwalk in the early hours of the morning (if you want a filling pre-park breakfast, try ice cream from Ample Hills Creamery) but I wouldn’t be able to cope with the flashing lights I agree that it’s great that the hotels to put on free entertainment for those who can’t or don’t want to go to a paid event.
Thank you for reading! I didn't actually mind buying an EdT, it was the fact that it smelled nothing like the rest of the range, but was labelled as such. Sigh. It's a minefield, haha.

re Pringles, please see above reply to Rachael!

Ice cream as a pre-park breakfast? I like your style.

Edited at 07:36 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Plug spreadsheet...whaaat?! I don’t think I’ve even unplug anything - I have clearly been doing it all wrong!

What a lovely description of walking into the Beach Club, so glad you got such a fab upgrade and it lived up to your expectations.

Looking forward to reading more.
Your first sentence has shocked me to my core. I am so envious! Think of the time you save...

Thank you - next instalment on the way shortly!

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
I think we must be of a similar vintage as your song references are giving me ear worm after ear worm!

Delighted to find your report at the start this time - think I caught the last 2 at the very end. Looking forward to reading along!
Ha ha, I do love a good lyrics quiz, even if I am firmly stuck in a certain era!

Lovely to have you along for the TR ride.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've loved playing along with the lyrics game. Brilliant idea!

Fortunately I don't need to do a plugs list as that is one part of the holiday prep process that Dave does!

Oh I was worried your luggage wouldn't make it, phew.

A great start to the report, I can't wait to see what you got up to. I hope you had a brilliant time.
Ahh glad you enjoyed the lyrics. Now to see if I can keep it up for 14 days' worth...

OK, I need a Dave. Please lend him to me so he can complete the checks and lock up the house. Thank you.

I need to catch up on your report too - I am so terribly behind on everything.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Must say my lip is quivering reading about the kitty drop off. It sounds like you were all very brave.

I have to admit your meal on the plane does look and sound nice!

I had a big cheesy smile reading about you checking into the Beach Club, what a dream. Your room looks lovely, with a nice view and it seems like a great location - whenever we stay in a 'proper' hotel we are always as far as psychically possible from the lift.
I WAS brave and it nearly finished me off. Poor babies (me and Andy, not the cats).

The plane food was SO good, honestly, I was stunned. And yes, we really lucked out with the position of the room. They must have just looked at me and thought "she doesn't look like a fan of a walk".

Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
Great start to your holiday. Glad the BA flight went ok! we always go BA but in cattle class! Lol! Can't believe you got an upgrade to the beach club! Looks really nice. Will look forward to the rest of your report.

Em
xxxx
Hi Em! Apologies, first off, as I am way behind on your report. I promise I will catch up.

Yes, loved the BA flight. I didn't get a look at cattle class but I did wonder how it was with the squeeze on space now they have added extra seats to the rows.

Next instalment coming up.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Great start, like everyone else I’ve been looking forward to your report and I love reading travel days.

We’ve travelled with BA every long haul flight for the past 6 years (always seems to be much cheaper than Virgin and kind of forced into it by DH’s Avios status). Often I moan about this and that with BA but sometimes they do really impress. We were also thrilled to find ourselves on a lovely refurbished plane in August, and I always find the meal on the outward journey really tasty.

We’re flying into MCO for the first time in years next month (for speed and convenience) and are on the same flight you were... I think I’d forgotten how long it takes to get through immigration and get your luggage there as I winced a bit when you said you were still in the airport around 6. Good to get a reality check though

The Beach Club is a beautiful resort and I totally get that whole ‘can’t believe I’m really here’ thing. I’ve felt exactly the same both times we’ve stayed at the Yacht Club.

Looking forward to more.
Hello! Welcome back!
Yes, BA was a bit of a revelation really. I think I had worried about it so much in advance that anything was going to be better than what I had built it up to be. But yes, immigration takes a long time, especially as the BA flight lands after the Virgin one. I'd hate to see it on a Saturday if it was this busy on a Wednesday. You just never know - last year it was three hours just to get to the counter (sorry).

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
How beautiful is the BC?! That room looks lovely its like a blue clone of the GF!
As for the connected room thing I was under the impression all rooms were like that apart from corner rooms and suites!? At least for us at Poly and GF and throughout my childhood I think only when we were top floor GF (for 2 days this trip) and when I got to stay in the suites with my dad as a little girl.. all the rooms I have been in have been connecting ones!
The room was really gorgeous, you could tell they'd been updated as the rest of the resort does have a distinct late 80's/early 90s vibe, which actually, didn't bother me that much seeing as it appears to be my era.

No idea about the interconnecting rooms! Our one at AKL certainly didn't have the doors; that was the one good thing about there, the rooms were silent.

Originally Posted by Dissie View Post
Great travel day, love your reports. We were there the same time as you, we had an amazing time. Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Thank you! You'll have to let me know if you spot yourself in any of the photos!

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great start - got to say, I am already impressed by your recall of your travel days, as I did exactly the same as you in November (forgot to take notes) and, having just started to get my trip report down 'on paper' (so to speak) realised it is sadly lacking in detail as I honestly can't remember what we did from one day to the next.

Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you. I do feel it slipping away with every day so I really need to step on it and get it all down on paper. Easier said than done though as January has ended up being mega busy for us. Whatever happened to hibernating?

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Loved reading this and looking forward to the rest! The seat description on the plane made me giggle!
I'm the same leaving the house for holiday - just in case things turn themselves on! I blame beauty and the beast to be honest! Thanks for writing x
Ha, yes, Beauty and the Beast is exactly right. I don't think Lumiere could be trusted not to accidentally torch the place...
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
Love your report!
Weirdly we must have been on the same flight as you were as we too flew from Gatwick with BA on 31st October and we agree with all you say about the flight.
We had never flown with BA before, but as their price was so much better than Virgin we had to give them a go, and we are glad we did as we think the whole experience was better than we had had before- and yes, the food was fantastic!
You'll be pleased to hear that we also had the same problem with finding the way to the Magical Express - obviously so pleased to be back my brain turn off!
Oh, how funny. Were you in World Traveller Plus? Hope you weren't the drunk people I mentioned

Glad you rated the flight too and I hope it wasn't a one off as I would definitely go with BA again given the clear price and food difference between them and Virgin.

Haha, yes. Every damn time, we forget to go down the second escalator and wander around aimlessly for a bit.

Thanks for reading!
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Jeez I can’t believe you’ve been and gone again already! I’m so happy your doing another TR. Great start. You always make me giggle. Looking forward to reading along. 😀

Jojo
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh yay! I love your previous reports so looking forward to reading this.

Bloody hell BA’s food looks amazing. We are flying BA in May (sadly not to Florida) but cattle class unfortunately so I fear no medium rare steaks!

I love your top on the plane.

I assume your kitties are recovered if their insta appearances are anything to go on. Leaving pets is so hard. Our poor old cats hated catteries and now we have a dog it’s even more of a challenge.
I’m looking forward to reading along!
Zomax25 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Thank you JoJo! Yeah, it all came around a bit quick. Hope you enjoy the report!

Edited at 11:28 PM.
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Oh yay! I love your previous reports so looking forward to reading this.

Bloody hell BA’s food looks amazing. We are flying BA in May (sadly not to Florida) but cattle class unfortunately so I fear no medium rare steaks!

I love your top on the plane.

I assume your kitties are recovered if their insta appearances are anything to go on. Leaving pets is so hard. Our poor old cats hated catteries and now we have a dog it’s even more of a challenge.
I’m looking forward to reading along!
Thanks - hope you enjoy it.

Yes, BA was really very good indeed and the food knocked Virgin out of the park. Wouldn't hesitate to book again (can't vouch for Economy though I am afraid as we didn't see what it was like).

Yes, the cats are fine and survived their holidays, thankfully. It is SO hard leaving them though - it does make you think twice about going away so finding a good cattery/kennel/sitter is so important.
Old 15 Jan 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Shrimp
Getting to know the DIBB

No it wasn't us- we were lucky enough to be in Club World as I was celebrating my 60th birthday!
Looking forward to the rest of your report & will be interesting to see if our paths crossed again!

When we got home I worked out I was getting old so went and had my first tattoo done!

Edited at 08:33 AM.
Shrimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Hurrah, you made it

It's nice that the cattery put Emu, Rocco and Sophia in together so they still had their friends with them.

The food on BA looks really good, we are flying Virgin this year but I am kind of wishing we went BA as that lovely new plane looks great.

Hurrah for the Beach Club and a well placed room. Not keen on adjoining doors though as you are right... they aren't soundproof! I had a really loud family of early risers in the room connecting to mine at DLP in September. I ended up doing some very noisy fake coughing and making a phone call to passively aggressively point out how easily the sound travelled.

A shame that the Abracadabar was packed, it was the location of our 'ooooh, we're on holiday' moment on the first night of our trip, and their beer list was not bad either.

I am loving the lyrics and have been singing each song as it has come up - don't worry, i'm not in the office!

Looking forward to the next installment.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List