Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I totally agree, as a repeat visitor, that there doesn’t need to be a mad rush all the time and it's nice to just stop and smell the roses once in a while

Those are some epic photos of Everest from across the water you got. Making me so excited to be there soon! Excellent safari pics too! I love how its different every time!

Hahaha love the Everest selfie! Very brave to do that on the move!

I know I've said this before, but you guys don’t eat enough over there! I couldn’t contemplate a park day without at least a wee pastry to keep me going! Yak & Yeti though – yum! Gotta love that Landry card!

Awwww I'm still so happy you loved your wax melts. I will definitely have to pay more attention to the smell of FoP this year as I can't remember it at all!

I'm sad that the Up show wasn’t that impressive Maybe as a lover of Up, I'll enjoy it more than you though? Still can't believe you’ve only seen it once. Sort your life out

Ooooh you need to tell me how to find the bus times on the MDE app, I had a look and I can't find them! Maybe cos it’s the middle of the night there? I'll check back later….

I can't believe Andy declined Blaze pizza! What is wrong with him? Well done you for getting one to yourself! I'm starving now……

Thanks for sharing (and sorry for nagging). It was worth the wait! Now #chopchop

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh I am in total agreement with you about not feeling the excitement as much when it comes to an AK day... but then I have never been quiet about the fact it is my least favorite Disney park! Reading this does make me excited to see all the new things it has to offer though, I have a feeling I may be won over on our upcoming trip!

So lovely to take a slower pace and enjoy your time sipping your coffee. I wish I could learn to do this more, whenever we stop for more than 5 minutes I am panicking about what we are missing out on. Definitely need to take more time to soak it all in!

Gorgeous photos of the sunrise over Everest, just stunning!

A great trip to Jock Lindsay's too, good to know about the terrace out back as I always assumed it was just the tiny inside section!

I can't believe Andy turned down pizza, shocking! I do quite like the name Addi though... perhaps for the next feline friend to join your family? (works for boy or girl!)

I can't believe you was back at your room by 9pm, you fitted so much in this day it felt like it had to be so much later than that! A great use of time with the perfect balance of action and chill. I salute you for such a perfect park day!

Excited for the next installment... I promise we will try and give it a couple of days before nagging for it!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Ok, I have to ask...'2016 boob incident'...?!
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
Ok, I have to ask...'2016 boob incident'...?!
Haha you need to go back and read Helen's 2016 report... it still makes me chuckle now just thinking about it!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great day!

That pizza looks and sounds amazing
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

I love how full you and Andy’s days are. Not a minute wasted. Looking forward to the rest,

Jo
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I agree about navigating Animal Kingdom being a pain, I always misjudge the distances between things, and if there are two routes to somewhere, you can bet I’ll end up taking the longest one. That said you seemed to cover a lot of ground during EMHs, I'm impressed with what you managed to do before rope drop and amazed how busy your day was and you were still 'home' by 5.

I think I have cat ovaries too, someone from work got a kitten at the weekend and I am so broody. I am beside myself whenever I see pictures or videos of it but if it was a human child then meh.

I think the yeti is terrifying and I don’t want them to ever fix it because it’s scary enough as is! I am even scared he’ll get me with my eyes shut
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

What a brilliant day :-) You managed to fit loads in. I agree with you Disney can't ban booze! I understand not letting people get drunk but as adults on holiday I don't see the harm in a frozen cocktail here or a beer there. Its certainly a nice way to relax between the busy days!x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Excellent report! We live AK as well. Especially Expedition Everest and Lion King Show. I agree the wontons at Yak and Yeti are a must.
Thank you. Yes, those won tons are a permanent fixture of every trip now!

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Great pics. You definitely had a very busy day 😃

Thanks - yeah, it was a great day, one of the best of the whole trip, in fact.

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
A great full day, shame you lost the margarita though
Still gutted about that. So lucky that the lady was so nice about it!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
3 rides on Everest, it was a pretty good day. Plus you made it to Na'vi river, I'm hopeful you get to fulfil all your dreams and complete the full park set of attractions. Ooh, I'm on tenter hooks.

I'm extremely disappointed that there were no tater tots today though and I hope that is swiftly remedied tomorrow. If not please can you invent some tater tots, maybe just insert an old photo as I'm sure no one would spot it.

The bus times addition to the app is pretty great isn't it? We enjoyed this last summer, although I flat out refused to run when we were caught out as the app had said 4 minutes! It lied!

Andy really needs to get with the programme. You're on holiday that means plenty of cocktails and food. Don't spill the cocktail and then act all nonchalant pretending like it was nothing to do with you and don't refuse pizza. I don't care if you're still full from lunch. You're on holiday you need to overeat! Ok rant over, but seriously it's like he's never been to WDW before. Hopefully he will get into his stride soon enough.
Laughing a lot about the tater tots. Fret not, there are more to come! I could easily eat them daily though...

Glad you're on my side about the spilled margarita. Yes, it IS worth crying over. I knew I could count on your support.

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Great day x
Thank you, thanks for reading!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
What a fun-packed day! I am impressed with the cocktails followed by Everest 😂 Goals! Thanks for sharing.
Cocktails followed by Everest is pretty much my dream day out, to be honest!

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
That sounds like another brilliant day. Your pizza looked so nice, great topping combination too!
Thank you - bloody love a Blaze. Jalapenos for the win.

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
I totally agree, as a repeat visitor, that there doesn’t need to be a mad rush all the time and it's nice to just stop and smell the roses once in a while

Those are some epic photos of Everest from across the water you got. Making me so excited to be there soon! Excellent safari pics too! I love how its different every time!

Hahaha love the Everest selfie! Very brave to do that on the move!

I know I've said this before, but you guys don’t eat enough over there! I couldn’t contemplate a park day without at least a wee pastry to keep me going! Yak & Yeti though – yum! Gotta love that Landry card!

Awwww I'm still so happy you loved your wax melts. I will definitely have to pay more attention to the smell of FoP this year as I can't remember it at all!

I'm sad that the Up show wasn’t that impressive Maybe as a lover of Up, I'll enjoy it more than you though? Still can't believe you’ve only seen it once. Sort your life out

Ooooh you need to tell me how to find the bus times on the MDE app, I had a look and I can't find them! Maybe cos it’s the middle of the night there? I'll check back later….

I can't believe Andy declined Blaze pizza! What is wrong with him? Well done you for getting one to yourself! I'm starving now……

Thanks for sharing (and sorry for nagging). It was worth the wait! Now #chopchop

xxx
I know, I know, we definitely don't eat enough. Unfortunately it gets progressively worse over the next few days too. And yeah, I have no idea what is wrong with Andy, turning down a pizza. It's just not on.

Can't believe you didn't nasally bank the FoP smell! It's gorgeous. #nasallybank

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh I am in total agreement with you about not feeling the excitement as much when it comes to an AK day... but then I have never been quiet about the fact it is my least favorite Disney park! Reading this does make me excited to see all the new things it has to offer though, I have a feeling I may be won over on our upcoming trip!

So lovely to take a slower pace and enjoy your time sipping your coffee. I wish I could learn to do this more, whenever we stop for more than 5 minutes I am panicking about what we are missing out on. Definitely need to take more time to soak it all in!

Gorgeous photos of the sunrise over Everest, just stunning!

A great trip to Jock Lindsay's too, good to know about the terrace out back as I always assumed it was just the tiny inside section!

I can't believe Andy turned down pizza, shocking! I do quite like the name Addi though... perhaps for the next feline friend to join your family? (works for boy or girl!)

I can't believe you was back at your room by 9pm, you fitted so much in this day it felt like it had to be so much later than that! A great use of time with the perfect balance of action and chill. I salute you for such a perfect park day!

Excited for the next installment... I promise we will try and give it a couple of days before nagging for it!
I'm really intrigued to see whether you'll feel more excited about Animal Kingdom this time around. Absence making the heart grow fonder and all that. I think I just love it as my two favourite rides and one of my favourite restaurants are there; the rest of it can still be kind of stressful. On the whole though, this was a Good Day at AK though.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List