Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Sep 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Hmm, we haven't eaten in HBD for a couple of years now. We were super-impressed the first time we tried it (on the dining plan, we're not millionaires!), but the next two times we had horrible, horrible waits for every course and did indeed feel as though we had been abandoned. The first time it happened, we thought it was a one-off; the next year we decided it wasn't worth returning again.

Falling asleep in random places at Disney - that needs to be a thread all on it's own. DH once fell asleep seconds into the film about Walt in One Man's Dream, but was very apologetic to me and asked if we could possibly watch it again? The CM let us stay in there (it wasn't very crowded) and he promptly fell asleep at the EXACT same point the second time. I refused point blank to sit through it a third time, lovely though the film was.

Film in France - yep, yawnsville. The film in America? Yep. The bit in Ellen's Energy Adventure when you get to the radio room and it's all dark in there …….

I once fell asleep on the Railroad train going around Disneyland, California, much to my disappointment as I really wanted to see the vignettes! DH said he thought I had had a stroke, as my head was lolling around and I was dribbling - oh the embarrassment. He poked me and I grunted, apparently, so he just left me to it. In revenge I made him ride the whole route again just so I could see the bits I had missed!

We met up with some friends once who had travelled from Texas on a cheap flight which landed at 2 a.m. After about 3 hours' sleep they met up with us in Epcot. Her hubby slumped on the concrete floor near the bandstand in the UK pavilion, and fell asleep with his head in a puddle. We left him to it while we chatted, checking he hadn't drowned every now and again.

Happy times!
Interesting - and disappointing - that you had a bad experience at HBD too. I've noticed it popping up a lot in food and trip reports lately so wondered if it was having a bit of a renaissance, but it would appear not.

I would like to read a thread about the strangest place people have fallen asleep in WDW. Someone should start that, as this comment has made me hoot, thank you!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
I’ve been dropping in on your trip report all summer but only just commenting now, sorry!
Loving that you fell asleep in Nemo, I know some on here would be horrified that you snoozed in that show
Still not done FoP but your comments about the Bernarrrrd and Meredith episode were v funny
Thanks for sharing your travels and I’m looking forward to finishing the report soon
Well, thank you for coming back and commenting.

Ahh I've been flamed for my lack of Nemo love on here before, so it's nothing new, haha.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List