Old 19 Aug 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DAS pass

On the link re FP changes they mentioned changes to the DAS pass as this is something I'm reliant on I'd like more information but can't seem to access the USA SITE for information..anyone got a link ?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The UK link is currently redirecting to the US link: disneyworld.disney.go/gu...ccess-service/

But here's the info on the changes..

Pre-Arrival Registration and Planning via Live Video Chat

This fall, we’re introducing a new option to register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat as early as 30 days in advance of a park visit.

During your chat with a Cast Member, you’ll also have the opportunity to select up to 2 experiences per day (subject to availability) using our new DAS Advance planning option. Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.

If the experience you want is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.

Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.

Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool

A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.

These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Thanks for this,really useful to know.We have used the DAS with our 2 boys with asd in the past,i like the idea of being able to book in advance,and also in the app on the day.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Also, for DAS users, I recommend following Theme Park Express on YouTube. His dad is a DAS user and they will be making a DAS specific video once the new system is running. One of my favourite vloggers, always honest in his reviews.
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Also, for DAS users, I recommend following Theme Park Express on YouTube. His dad is a DAS user and they will be making a DAS specific video once the new system is running. One of my favourite vloggers, always honest in his reviews.
Thank you very informative

Mods could we move this s to the special needs forum as might be very useful for others ?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

For those that have used the DAS pass before can I ask how it works. My daughter we suspect is autistic but we are a long way off an actual diagnosis. There is no way she could stand in line and would end up really anxious and would mean we’d probably have to leave the park. Would we need an actual diagnosis to get the DAS pass and are there only so many? So if we booked and there weren’t enough that would mean we potentially can’t have one?
Also how would it work with a family of 4 and just her having a pass? Would it just be her and one of us parents that use it with her or can it work for a family so we could still ride the rides together?

Thanks
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Also how would it work with a family of 4 and just her having a pass? Would it just be her and one of us parents that use it with her or can it work for a family so we could still ride the rides together?

Thanks
Your travel party are all linked so you can ride together. The pass holder must ride though to use it.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
For those that have used the DAS pass before can I ask how it works. My daughter we suspect is autistic but we are a long way off an actual diagnosis. There is no way she could stand in line and would end up really anxious and would mean we’d probably have to leave the park. Would we need an actual diagnosis to get the DAS pass and are there only so many? So if we booked and there weren’t enough that would mean we potentially can’t have one?

Thanks
You can't legally ask for proof of a medical condition in the US. So all you need to do is explain why queues would be an issue for her. If the CM thinks that qualifies, she will be registered for DAS. There is no limit on the number of passes they can issue.

Your entire group can be on the DAS return time so you can ride together, but she will be required to go on the rides. So you can't get a DAS return time for any rides she can't or doesn't want to go on, you'll need to use regular standby or FP for those.
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I usually have DAS but only used it a few times over the 2 weeks as we made good use of the fastpass system.

This new DAS system seems very restrictive. If you qualify and book in advance it's 2 DAS return times per day. But you can't use them anytime, it's a 1 hour window.

A lot of people with health issues that mean they are eligible for DAS won't know in advance when they will be well enough to be in the park.

I could book 2 return times for a morning but in reality I might not be physically able to get there till the afternoon or evening, if at all that day.

I wonder if the return times will be set in stone or if you can amend them if there's availability like Fast Pass on MDE?

If not, a lot of people will miss out. Especially if there are kids in the group. Nothing goes to plan when there's kids involved lol
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The 2 per day is only the new DAS Advance system. It sounds like the existing walk up (or now book via app) and get a return time at the current standby wait won't change.