Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 22 Apr 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

How do Disney vloggers make money?

Sorry for the daft question.
I get how large scale vloggers with 10000s of followers get the YouTube ads (VOD ads) and can monetise that way.
But some don't have any ads or enough followers?!

For example, DFB. Never had an ad preface those videos when I watch. 520k subscribers but how is that being monetised? People buying the guide? Surely that is outweighed by the sheer amount of time it takes to continually update that thing.

Tim Tracker: also never seen an ad preface the video.
Is it literally on-page AdSense?
Anyone enlighten me? I feel like a big galloot.

Edited at 12:20 AM.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Some have patreon which can get you up to $200 a month there’s a couple I know of do that plus getting paid through PayPal plus they have chats online where you pay them to ask a question

It’s pure greed

Edited at 12:14 AM.
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Many vloggers are known as ‘influencers’ meaning they sometimes promote products to their followers on some of their vlogs for free samples or commission on sales.
Also some bloggers get sponsored by companies which get mentioned during presentation and sometimes partially fund trips.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
Some have patreon which can get you up to $200 a month there’s a couple I know of do that plus getting paid through PayPal plus they have chats online where you pay them to ask a question

It’s pure greed
I don't see how's it's pure greed, because people aren't forced to pay them any money to support their vlogs or ask them a question (I wouldn't do it).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

It’s pure greed
Greed!

no one is forced to pay to ask questions?

more fool the people who pay, you can watch for example tim tracker for free he gets paid via you tube ads/hits
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

It’s pure greed
Greed? What a peculiar view. Is anyone that goes out to work to earn money in a different way also greedy?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I believe its a complicated algorithm based on no of subscribers / video views / regular content. I only follow Tim Tracker but they must be doing OK from vlogging as I don't believe either of them have another job and they seem relatively wealthy. Good for them

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
I get how large scale vloggers with 10000s of followers get the YouTube ads (VOD ads) and can monetise that way.

For example, DFB. Never had an ad preface those videos when I watch. 520k subscribers but how is that being monetised? People buying the guide? Surely that is outweighed by the sheer amount of time it takes to continually update that thing.

With regards to DFB... do you get the blog update email? ... I think it's possibly their biggest money maker as it has links from every single heading to click through to the blog article... and every blog article has loads of ads.

edited to add: And by the way, it was not a daft question

Edited at 10:10 AM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tea View Post

I often see ads before and occasionally mid vlog for timtracker
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

I've been watching timtracker quite a lot recently and there are quite a few ads in his vlogs -typically beforehand and a couple of times through the vlog if it's a longer one.

Good on them! I'd love to make a career out of the things I love doing.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List