Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillylulu View Post
We are waiting with fingers crossed for news about our flights LHR-Mia with AA 1st Oct
and MIA-LHR with BA 15th Oct
Really hoped these are cancelled.
Keep getting emails but it’s just time changes and nothing drastic that I can ask for refund
AA have been running the AA39 throughout the lockdown if that is your flight on 1st Oct so I wouldn't count on it being cancelled.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

No we are on AY4029 LHR-MIA, should have been 12:50 but they have just informed me its going 11:50 now .
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillylulu View Post
No we are on AY4029 LHR-MIA, should have been 12:50 but they have just informed me its going 11:50 now .
The AY4029 is a Finnair codeshare number that is operated by the AA39 - so you are travelling on it.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I travelled on the AA 38 from MIA to LHR during UK lockdown on April 1st so I can can confirm what Disneycupcake has mentioned that the AA38 and AA39 haven't been cancelled at all during the last few months.

If the FCO/US haven't lifted their travel restrictions for when you are due to travel you will have to check with who you booked your flights or package with to see what choices you have. It might be worth doing that now so you have time to think what you want to do.

Edited at 08:56 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Life is a beach View Post
Only thing we’re waiting on is delta to cancel flights, flying Lhr-Detroit-Tampa on 21st October, eagerly awaiting an email 🙂
We fly two days after you, LHR-Detroit-Orlando ... wondering if delta will cancel 🤔
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I travelled on the AA 38 from MIA to LHR during UK lockdown on April 1st so I can can confirm what Disneycupcake has mentioned that the AA38 and AA39 haven't been cancelled at all during the last few months.

If the FCO/US haven't lifted their travel restrictions for when you are due to travel you will have to check with who you booked your flights or package with to see what choices you have. It might be worth doing that now so you have time to think what you want to do.
Flights booked direct with Finnair.
I did ring them last week as no update on the web site Regarding refunds or vouchers for flights after sept 30th .
They told me if Fco say we still cant go to America we will have refund or vouchers but it’s to soon at the moment, it could be sept before we know .
They did say I can change flights now but I don’t see the point without knowing how long this is going on for .
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Life is a beach View Post
Only thing we’re waiting on is delta to cancel flights, flying Lhr-Detroit-Tampa on 21st October, eagerly awaiting an email 🙂
May not get cancelled as many internal USA flights and some UK to USA flights still running. If not, I suppose you’ll need to inform them your following FCO advice closer to them time of the flight. They should then cancel you even if the flight still goes.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
May not get cancelled as many internal USA flights and some UK to USA flights still running. If not, I suppose you’ll need to inform them your following FCO advice closer to them time of the flight. They should then cancel you even if the flight still goes.
But surely the "Trump Travel ban" could impact you? If you've been in the UK [highly likely!] in the 14 days before you are due to travel to the USA, then if the ban is still in place, you're not entering the USA.

It matters not what the FCO advise is at the time - if Trump keeps the ban in place, that's it. I half suspect the ban may remain in place for a while - it's a US Election year & taking firm action to protect US citizens is something that will go down well with voters. Florida is also a swing-state and one that Trump needs to win.

I am really pleased now that we went to Florida last November for 2 weeks. We normally go in May & / or November - clearly May would have been off the cards and I'm not sure I want to go back until the restrictions on Disney parks (e.g. 1 park per day, no FastPass+, no water parks etc) are relaxed. Just my personal view, as park-hopping is our normal modus operandi in Orlando - we never spend a full day in any park, be it Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica or Busch Gardens.

Edited at 10:28 AM.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone else booked for October still waiting (either for a cancellation or travel ban lifted)...?

I feel like I'm now checking multiple times a day, rather than every few days like I was previously I just want either the flights to be cancelled, or the ban to be lifted. Almost all our annual leave is tied up for this 3 week holiday, and we've still been saving waiting to find out. We can't get a voucher, and we don't want to change flights as we don't want to go before July 2021 (nor do we even know when we would really want to book for), so we're just stuck waiting for the flight to be cancelled with Aerlingus it's 6 weeks to go for us this Thursday.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I dont think a refund will be offered until much nearer the date.
I believe vouchers are going ro be offered at the end of this month

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List