Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 24 Sep 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

We had this tonight - want it again although it was a bit salty.

Old 24 Sep 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

We had the 10 minute garlic mushroom and sage gnocchi tonight. Forgot to take a picture. It was nice but I'm a bit peckish now
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We had the 10-minute Mediterranean veg gnocchi with basil on Tuesday and it was lovely. The roasted garlic paste made it really flavourful. We’d never had gnocchi before and I’m now a fan.

We’ve been trying to lose some weight and Gousto has helped control calories and portion size. I’ve been ordering meals with 500 - 650 calories and the portions have still been generous and I’ve enjoyed cooking them. This has been part of a healthy kick with more exercise, less alcohol and less starchy carbs on our non-Gousto days. We’ve both happy with our weight loss so far.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We had the 10-minute Mediterranean veg gnocchi with basil on Tuesday and it was lovely. The roasted garlic paste made it really flavourful. We’d never had gnocchi before and I’m now a fan.

We’ve been trying to lose some weight and Gousto has helped control calories and portion size. I’ve been ordering meals with 500 - 650 calories and the portions have still been generous and I’ve enjoyed cooking them. This has been part of a healthy kick with more exercise, less alcohol and less starchy carbs on our non-Gousto days. We’ve both happy with our weight loss so far.
That is exactly what I'm hoping. I'm also not going to cook slightly less rice from gousto.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
That is exactly what I'm hoping. I'm also not going to cook slightly less rice from gousto.
I’ve cooked the whole portion of rice that comes with the meals but I haven’t needed to serve it up yet. Usually 2/3 is enough to fill our plates.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
This was the cheesy cod and spinach. Very nice, we did add a bit more cheese. I felt it was something I could do again without the Gousto box it was so easy. Far too many potato discs but we still ate them!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve just seen this thread what is largely considered to be the best company?
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
This was the cheesy cod and spinach. Very nice, we did add a bit more cheese. I felt it was something I could do again without the Gousto box it was so easy. Far too many potato discs but we still ate them!

Completely agree with all you said! I have thought that I could reproduce several of these, so will take a week off now and then.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve just seen this thread what is largely considered to be the best company?
We have only tried gousto. So far so good. It seemed to have better reviews, but mostly we went for this based on a different BB thread where he asked that question!
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We had box 3 delivered yesterday, I can’t say we’ve had one duff meal yet

Week 3’s choices

Week 4’s choices

We had the beef keema yesterday, it was a one-pot cook and it looked boring when I served it up but it was really good. Spicy, but not too hot and the lime made it a bit zingy.

Not too sure about the sausage tray bake - I hope the kale tastes nice!