Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Closed Thread

Old 17 Oct 06, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by andrewilley
If you've got the relevent driver file you should be able to select its location during the Install new Hardware process by telling XP the folder its in.

Andre
I did think that, I unzipped the files and placed them in a folder in the c drive, but that did not work.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 06, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Well you will need to have the relevent firewire input on your pc already, if not you can add one to a spare pci card slot on the motherboard..

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 06, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dcmax
Well you will need to have the relevent firewire input on your pc already, if not you can add one to a spare pci card slot on the motherboard..
It's a laptop and does not have a firewire socket, so it would be firewire plugged in to the AV out socket of the camcorder and plugged into the USB port of the laptop, but I am sure I will have the same problem, as the laptop does not want to recognise the USB drivers I have (panasonic tell me they are the right drivers).
Old 17 Oct 06, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

How many USB ports do you have and do you have anything sitting in the other one whilst your trying to connect.

Is XP recognising new hardware when you plug the camcorder in but then failing to locate the driver or is it totally failing to recognise that hardware has been attached.. If the second make sure for starters all your USB ports are clear, reboot and start again...

DAnny

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 06, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

ps if its a laptop cant you then just add a IEEE 1394 PCMCIA CardBus Adapter, this would give you up to three firwire ins and you wouldnt have to take the case off?

Old 17 Oct 06, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Danny,

Yes it's recognising that there is something plugges in, there is nothing plugged in to any other USB slot, I think there is 1 USB 2.0 and 2 UBB 1.0 ports, would it make any difference if I plugged it into the USB 1.0 hole?

Okay, this is exactly what happends:

plug in camcorder into USB 2.0 hole
switch it on
pop up box comes up, new hardware found
text asks if you want it to just install what it finds (recomended)
DOES NOT FIND IT AND TELLS ME IT COULD NOT INSTALL THE HARDWARE

or pick a place where your driver is (advanced) - browse the driver file folder which is on my desktop and again...
DOES NOT FIND IT AND TELLS ME IT COULD NOT INSTALL THE HARDWARE

And that's it.

I am pulling my hair out with this, I am sure it is really easy if you know how to do it.

Hope this makes sense?

Chris
Old 17 Oct 06, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

You say the driver is on your desktop, is it in a folder or just sat on its own..?

Old 17 Oct 06, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes in a folder, there are about 8 or 10 randomly names files that won't let you do anything with i.e. there is not one that say's click me to install (now Microsoft, there's an idea eh)!

I wonder if they should be in a secret folder called driver files or something?
Old 17 Oct 06, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

usb 1.0 isn't really fast enough for good video. actually usb 2.0 isn't that great either with my jvc camcorder. It only gives me an average vhs quality. the best option would be to use firewire!

The usb driver installation problem might be because the driver may just be an update and requires original, full drivers to be installed first.

Your supposed to buy the driver cd from panasonic.
However, I have found this for you
panasonic's middle east site has the setup drivers for the m70 which they say are compatible with the m50
panasonic.ae/PMM/English/...Agreement.aspx
just accept the licence agreement and choose digital movie cameras from the drop down menu.
try those
Old 17 Oct 06, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

you may need to force it to install, so -
choose
install from a list or specific location(advanced)
now
"don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
click the "have disk" button
browse to the driver location
select the ".inf" file on the list
agree to install on any warning boxes that appear

this should work!
Closed Thread