Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 06, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazpacho
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking at these, its an early start (6:30am). what time would you have to leave kissimme area to get to Crystal river in time for the excursion ?
Old 22 Oct 06, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

if i remember right i think it took us about 90 mins to get to the crystal river from hwy 27 near the 192 junction
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 06, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
Originally Posted by Gazpacho
Looking at these, its an early start (6:30am). what time would you have to leave kissimme area to get to Crystal river in time for the excursion ?
we were in spring hill and it took us 40mins we got up at 4 and left the villa at 0600... if we were in orlando i would book in somewhere near crystal river.but i know their is a company that does a shuttle from the orlando area but i know they are not as good as American Pro
Old 22 Oct 06, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Gazpacho
We have been told to get to the fun2dive office just north of Orlando (driving instructions given) for around 6am I think - and then follow them to where the swim starts. Don't mind an early start - we had to do it for the balloon trip last year. At least the roads will be quiet and as I'm driving that can only be a good thing

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow - sounds like a great experience - will have to see if I can find the bottle !

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Here is my trip report from our manatee:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...threadid=49274
Old 26 Oct 06, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Smileyk
Very Serious Dibber

Smileyk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Can someone help please. We are keen to do this in April when we go. We're staying at Hampton Lakes - how long would it take us to get there? We're thinking of just driving there in the morning but need to try and work out how practical this is.

THanks!
Smileyk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 06, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Smileyk
Can someone help please. We are keen to do this in April when we go. We're staying at Hampton Lakes - how long would it take us to get there? We're thinking of just driving there in the morning but need to try and work out how practical this is.

THanks!
The answer is quite a while - you need to book in advance with whichever company you choose. We have to drive just north of Orlando to the fun2dive office and then follow them to the Crystal River - I believe this can take up to two and a half hours!
Also, not sure about others, but fun2dive only do these swims October to March, to allow the manatees peace during the breeding season

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 06, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I actually stayed the night before as it took me nearly 2 hours to drive to Crystal River from Hampton Lakes (I used to own a villa on Hampton Lakes). The drive is very easy and basically a straight run.

We stayed at the Park Hotel as we were on 09.30 dive.
Old 26 Oct 06, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
Originally Posted by Smileyk

THanks!
yes its a good 2 to 2 1/2 hours...the excurtions from Orlando are an all day thing..it was fine for us as we were only staying 40mins away American Pro have cottages and villas on the River where you can stay.its a long haul but well worth it much better then a Dolphin Swim Manatees are so gentle and serine wonderful creatures i never thought in all my years i would see one for real an experience i will never forget