UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 9 Aug 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
On both occasions, we also made good use of Tesco Rewards Vouchers for things such as the Original London Sightseeing Tour, Tower of London, Shakespeare's Globe, plus a few meals at Pizza Express (branches near to both of the above locations).
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 13, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
joyce66
Very Serious Dibber

tripadvisor/Hotel_R...n_England.html

the premier inn is brilliant at Stratford next to the olympic stadium. see trip advisor reports. Seconds away from the high speed javelin service to St Pancreas, minutes away from the DLR line and about 5 mins away from the central, Jubilee lines.
Old 11 Aug 13, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem67
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Question

Hi there, hoping that someone will be able to help me.

I am taking DD to see Mama Mia at the end of the month, via Waterloo. (evening performance)

As it is her birthday treat I have agreed a meal before so ideally somewhere 'more or less' en route would be great. Italian is her stated preference.

Where would you advise?

Thank you

LBVR&S Apr23/POFQ Apr22/Apr18/
OKW Apr16/RPR&OKW Aug14/OKW Oct12/AKL Aug 10/RPR&CBR Oct 09/AKL Jul 08/AKL Jul 06/
Residence Inn SW Mar 05/Nikki Bird Apr 03
Gem67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 13, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
Lots of stuff to answer. Hotels in town can be expensive. I look at Expedia. They get some good prices and have good mapping. Sammyscotland I think you have to buy seperate tickets for each of the venues named. Got to get to work will be back later.
Thanks Peter.
Old 12 Aug 13, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
joyce66
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gem67 View Post

I am taking DD to see Mama Mia at the end of the month, via Waterloo. (evening performance)

As it is her birthday treat I have agreed a meal before so ideally somewhere 'more or less' en route would be great. Italian is her stated preference.

Where would you advise?

Thank you
i have only used Pizza Express at the strand which is where the venue is. It was absolutely fine for a meal.
Old 17 Aug 13, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Can anyone tell me how much 2 adults and a 5 yr old would be on the tube.
I think it's the Piccadilly line - Kings Cross to Convent Garden.
We are going to see the Lion King next Friday.
Also what time do they run until? We've got a back stage tour after the evening performance and I've no idea how long we'll be there for.
Thanks
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
joyce66
Very Serious Dibber

this is what I found

tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

You may be cheaper buying a day travelcard x 2 adults and the wee one is free. When I was down it was £8 each or there abouts. Allows travel zones 1-6 anytime for one day but bus as well.
Old 18 Aug 13, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
joyce66
Very Serious Dibber

if you have a family railcard you could use this to get a discount on your travelcard but you cant get a discount if you opt for an oyster card
Old 18 Aug 13, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by joyce66 View Post
this is what I found

tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

You may be cheaper buying a day travelcard x 2 adults and the wee one is free. When I was down it was £8 each or there abouts. Allows travel zones 1-6 anytime for one day but bus as well.
Thank you!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 13, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gem67 View Post

Where would you advise?

Thank you
There is a Carluccio's Covent Garden which is only a short walk.