Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Quick Highs and Lows - February 2016

In lieu of doing an actual trip report this time I thought I'd just do a quick highs and lows of the trip:

Lows
  • Our server at Inventions. She was a bit miserable with us the entire team and it felt like everything was a bother. It was in such sharp contrast to the other servers we had that trip, which probably made it even more apparent.
  • The ride closures were very noticeable, and there's a lot of scaffolding around the parks at the moment. We knew that going in though so it's not so much a "low" as something you should be aware of.

Highs
  • Newport Bay Club - This hotel was absolutely fantastic. We stayed Compass Club. The room felt pretty much brand new, the staff in the lounge were fantastic, we loved the bar and all the extra perks were great . Our room was also round the corner from the lifts in the main building which made everything feel super convenient!
  • The food and character interaction at Inventions was superb. The characters we met were Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Eeyore, Genie and Tigger. I was a bit gutted at no Donald but he was in the hotel next morning anyway so no biggie! We thought everything on the buffet was exceptional too, especially the desserts! It was a very pricey meal (140 Euros after annual passholder discount) but we weren't up for queuing to meet characters and thought the splurge was well worth it.
  • Bistrot Chez Remy - In particular our server at this restaurant was one of the loveliest cast members I've ever met at DLP. She was just brilliant. We really enjoyed the food too, and while it is expensive (especially for me because I went for the 60 Euro menu) I wouldn't hesitate to return.
  • I'll just put a general point in here for the attractions - after this trip I can finally say I've been on every attraction at DLP.
  • Disney Dreams - still my favourite night time show.
  • Weather - It was freezing cold but there was barely a cloud in the sky the whole time we were there.

As you can see the highs outweighed the pros (and to be honest there was more great stuff in there but that was just the things that stuck out). I had a bit of trepidation about going this year (and spending so much on the trip with all the closures and refurbs) but to be honest all I can think of now is how can I get back before my AP expires?
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you've now managed to do every attraction.

That's a bit off about the server at Inventions, particularly as it's a very expensive meal. I guess everyone has an 'off day' but professional people try not to show it.

Can't wait to try Remys at some point. Hoping to pay a visit (or two) next year with the 25th being on. Must say, I'm being swayed towards the Newport BH. It's not somewhere I've been bothered about staying at but the hotel looks lovely right now and I like the idea of an outdoor swimming pool if we go in summer.

That's the thing about APs - when you have them you feel you have to get the best use out of them which often works out an expensive year! Ha ha!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 16, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Glad you had such a fab time. I love Inventions and Remy!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fab, I can't wait to try Compass Club in June!

I love BCR too, absolutely fab food & the theming is great!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We arrive at the Newport on Monday. We're so excited. The odd attraction closure here and there won't ruin our, or more importantly, my 4 year olds fun. 6 sleeps!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 16, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Thanks for the comments! I thought I'd share a few of my pictures. I had planned on doing a trip report but got caught up in having too much fun to keep track of what we did and when!

Some pictures from the hotel, incl the room and our view! (We were in room 8217)

Well needed cocktails at the Rainforest Cafe and my main course at Bistro Chez Remy:

I'll add a few more as I get them off my camera's memory card
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

The room looks beautiful and a really nice view too.

I love the look of that steak - Remys is a must for us next visit!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ooh! Not done the 'posh menu' at Remy's yet. It looks fab!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

A few more pictures now I've got some off the camera

A few of the things I bought, I love the Hipster Mickey!

Old 25 Mar 16, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love your photos. We had a great time when we went in February too. It was a shame so many rides were closed but we had a great time too. It was very cold though!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread