Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 16, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Off to DLP next week - last minute questions!

Hi

I'm off to DLP for four nights over Easter with my son and my sister. I've only been as a child myself and don't remember too clearly, so have been researching in order to get the best out of it all, now that I am the responsible adult in charge!

1. We're going via Eurostar and have paid for Disney Express with the luggage. Since the train arrives at 2pm, what time should we expect the luggage to arrive at the hotel? I do want to go straight into the park when we arrive, but I'd also like to pop back before dinner (possibly even before the parade at 5.30) to check in, book breakfast and unpack the essentials for the first night, so that we don't have to worry about all that later in the evening when everybody is tired.

2. Ratatouille - I hear that this ride is definitely unmissable, but my son hasn't actually seen the movie. Does this matter? Is it still great, or is there no point if he hasn't seen it? He's 4 btw.

3. The princess pavilion: I understand that you have to get a FP ticket for this, and that the queue is building up from really early in the morning. When should I start to queue? If it's only my son who wants to see them, do I take a ticket just for him, or for myself too since of course I need to accompany him?

4. Frozen - I know that you can't meet the Frozen sisters any more, but do they feature in the parade?

I think there were more questions I've forgotten, so I may post more later! Many thanks in advance.

Edited at 06:27 PM.
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Oh, one more straight away please!

5. What is the best thing to do about breakfast? We're staying at Sequoia Lodge. I guess 8ish is the busiest time of all? Is it better to go really early or really late (could we do EMH and then get back for the last sitting?) - and is it worth queueing up for a table at a time we haven't booked for? Also wondering if we don't all eat together - is that an option or the whole room have to eat at the same time? Me and the little one are often up very early, but that's probably not my (no kids yet) sister's idea of a holiday, even at Disney!
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Breakfast is terrible at the hotels at busy times not sure you can split up.
So go really early or eat at the earl of sandwich.

Ratatouille is briljant, don't think he needs to see the movie. Go early to get your FP!

Can't help with your other questions, sorry
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ParisinMarch View Post
Oh, one more straight away please!

5. What is the best thing to do about breakfast? We're staying at Sequoia Lodge. I guess 8ish is the busiest time of all? Is it better to go really early or really late (could we do EMH and then get back for the last sitting?) - and is it worth queueing up for a table at a time we haven't booked for? Also wondering if we don't all eat together - is that an option or the whole room have to eat at the same time? Me and the little one are often up very early, but that's probably not my (no kids yet) sister's idea of a holiday, even at Disney!
you can split up for breakfast if you ask for an extra hotel ID easypass for your sister when you check in at your hotel (theres no charge for this, they just print one out for you as you're checking in).

I wouldn't trek all the way back to the Sequoia Lodge for breakfast after EMH, I'd go early before EMH or not bother (so get to breakfast for 7.30am at the latest). It doesn't matter what timeslot you get for breakfast, if you go between 7am and 7.30am there will be no/minimal queue to be seated.

I can't really help with any of the questions in your first post OP, except to say, the Ratatouille ride is a totally immersive ride, so it doesn't matter at all if you haven't seen the movie .

Edited at 07:09 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks both!

Is breakfast typically busy at the later times too? I get that it seems a bit silly to come back (15 mins walk?) after EMH for breakfast, but I wonder if actually that might suit us best - my son will run off his early morning excitement on Dumbo or similar, my sister can get up a bit more slowly, and then we could all reconvene over breakfast. That's really useful to know about how we can breakfast separately though, might just do it that way. Having paid such a lot already for this holiday I'm reluctant to pay again for breakfast in the park...
Old 18 Mar 16, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
For the princesses...start queuing for the fast pass when the park opens, the queue gets very very long and they run out. Only one person can queue but they can take everyone's tickets so they can get everyone a fast pass.
I queued while my sister, mum and son went on some rides.
You can't choose the princess you see, it's pot luck but my son loved it!

Ratatouille is a fab ride! Try and get him to see the film, my son hadn't (he was just over 3 and a half at the time) and some of it frightened him as he didn't understand. He's since seen it and loves it!

Anna and Elsa were in the parade when we saw it.

Early breakfast in the hotel (7am) or breakfast in the parks! Cafe Mickey in the village does character breakfasts which are fab! It costs but it's great.
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Thanks both!

Is breakfast typically busy at the later times too? I get that it seems a bit silly to come back (15 mins walk?) after EMH for breakfast, but I wonder if actually that might suit us best - my son will run off his early morning excitement on Dumbo or similar, my sister can get up a bit more slowly, and then we could all reconvene over breakfast. That's really useful to know about how we can breakfast separately though, might just do it that way. Having paid such a lot already for this holiday I'm reluctant to pay again for breakfast in the park...
you can ask at your hotel if breakfast in the park is available instead of one (or more) of your hotel breakfasts - this doesn't cost anything extra, but its not always available, which is why you need to ask at your hotel when you check in. A 9.15am timeslot for breakfast in the park could then work out for all of you pretty well - first and much quieter hour or EMH for you and your son, then your sister can join you for breakfast before the main part of the park day begins.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thank you!
So for the princesses FP, I should start queueing when the park opens properly (ie 10am) or before that, during EMH? Do we all three need a FP ticket, or just my son?

I do have the character breakfast booked for one morning and really looking forward to it, but trying to decide the best way to do the other breakfasts...

I will keep my fingers crossed for Elsa and Anna in the parade! I think that might be the most exciting thing for him, if they are.
Old 18 Mar 16, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Ooh, thanks sammykitten - I will definitely ask about that, because if it is possible (even on just one day) that sounds like the perfect solution! Thanks.
Old 18 Mar 16, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Thank you!
So for the princesses FP, I should start queueing when the park opens properly (ie 10am) or before that, during EMH? Do we all three need a FP ticket, or just my son?

I do have the character breakfast booked for one morning and really looking forward to it, but trying to decide the best way to do the other breakfasts...

I will keep my fingers crossed for Elsa and Anna in the parade! I think that might be the most exciting thing for him, if they are.
everyone who is going to go in the queue in the Princess Pavilion will need a FP ticket.
Closed Thread