Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Photopass / character, photo organisation?

I see they do a photopass now - I'm wondering if they have improved the process by which you can meet the characters? When we went 14 years ago (!), it was a bit of a bun fight with no organised queues. We went to a character meal, but our DD couldn't get near the characters.

I've been on a few school trips since, but I haven't really seen any characters or photopass photographers as it hasn't been that sort of trip.

Are they out and about like they are at WDW, and can you get enough photopass photos to make it worth buying? We love Photopass at WDW, so it is something I would buy if we can get the photos.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Id be interested to read any replies on this post, I go on Monday and still contemplating weather to buy a photopass or not.
Old 29 Mar 16, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Hi although dlp do have organised queue's now there are not many photographers at the meets just cm who are willing to take a photo on your own camara/phone, you would however get ride photo's on the pass as well but personally i don't think it worth it.
As for character meals these have improved and now if your child doesn't sit at there table and wait there turn the cm will ask the child/parent to go sit down and wait there turn and i've seen character ignore children that run up to them as well

Edited at 10:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
Stitchbounce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Stitchbounce View Post
As for character meals these have improved and now if your child doesn't sit at there table and wait there turn the cm will ask the child/parent to go sit down and wait there turn and i've seen character ignore children that run up to them as well
That's good to hear, as it was mayhem when we were there (albeit it was a very long time ago).
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

I dont overly remember it but my mum told me that when i was 8 or 9 we went into cafe mickey and it was who ever could call them the loudest, and in french would get there attention. Glad its changed as it should be magical for everyone
Old 29 Mar 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to DLP during Feb half term and I thought about getting the photopass. In the end I didn't and I'm glad I didn't bother as we found that most of the characters didn't have a photographer with them. I believe the princesses do in the Princess Pavillion but we didn't do that and I believe that Mickey and Minnie usually do but we did most of our character meet and greets during EMH to avoid the queues (well worth it) and not one of the characters had a photographer with them. There are no photographers wandering around as there are in WDW.

With regard to Cafe Mickey, last time we went a couple of years ago, the characters would only interact with people who were sitting at their table. Their handlers were quite strict about it.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

To be fair, Photopass at DLRP is a heck of a lot cheaper than WDW and so atm isn't comparable in any way. I do think for the price, it is worth it if you want ride photos as by the time you've paid for 2 or so, you could have the PP package! But then it does depend on the rides you want to do as not all have photos.

As mentioned above, many characters don't have a PP photographer with them but some do. We went at Halloween and Jack and Sally, Goofy and Stitch all had PP photographers with them. It seems to be organised meets that are timetabled have PP photographers but this doesn't always happen. I had preordered and paid for the PP package but when we got to the hotel they had 'sold out' and so couldn't give me what I had paid for - needless to say I was really annoyed and complained on return - a CM contacted me and sent both my girls a present in the post to say sorry - but still, it did mean we didn't get all the ride photos or the character photos we had paid for which was disappointing.

If it stays at a similar price I will buy next year.

We had MM at WDW and yes it was really, really good but then it was about 5 times the price of PP.

I hope that eventually they will have photographers at least at the end of Main Street like they do in WDW as that would be handy!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
juttawdw
Proud to wear my Ears

Photopass price has increased by €10 to €59.99
m.facebook/story.php?sto...58548457668528
juttawdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
No roaming photographers and none in character meals. But last March every character meet had a PP photographer, even during EMH. However, I have seen more recent reports that say not all of them do.

All the character meets are properly organised queues now.

There has been a 'trial period' of putting characters back in the hotels, which has just ended. Don't know if this will continue or whether they will be in the park only again.

The PP is only on a handful of rides and bear in mind some may be closed (eg BTMR).

We found that as we went for a week, and took time to do the meets (which we wouldn't normally do) it was worth it - particularly with shareholder discount!

Edited at 09:20 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Is there any advantage to prebuying it, or can we decide when we see how many photos we get?
Closed Thread