Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 May 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... the Big 18/21 9 May 2019

Index is here

Thursday 9th May

Woke up for the first time at 12.20 to phoebe muttering something about snoring. I was thinking ‘that’s rich’ as she was the first one sending up the zeds last night! Woke again at 3ish but. It for long and the heard my phone vibrate at 4.45. I was going to ignore it but thought it might be M and D - they were just boarding. Mum was limping round duty free but not using the stick which she had done the day before. Dad said that the damage she did in Karen Millen May have helped it heal! Hopefully 9 hours of complete rest in the plane will help too.

Phoe and and I popped to the club lounge to grab some snacks - jas stayed in bed complaining that we’d been snoring all night!

We packed up and checked out, leaving our bag with bell services again and took the 10 minute walk to Universal studios. Harry Potter was up and running today during the early entry hour so we headed straight over to Escape from Gringots. We entered Diagon Alley through a hole in wall and the theming here was fabulous - bigger and better that the the Harry Potter studios. We had a look round before having to put our things in lockers before we could ride - this is one of the annoying things about Universal/IoA, you constantly have to faff with lockers.

We enter the line through the Express line. Inside Gringotts and was amazing, but I’d left my phone in the locker so couldn’t take any pictures! This ride was a walk on and do much better than the other 2 Harry Potter rides. It could have done with a little more of the roller coaster section though. Phoe and I went round and rode again.

Next in the map was Men in a Black. We were there just after the ride originally opened (I can’t remember which year) and it was a 3 hour wait so we didn’t do it. Today it was a walk on so we rode twice. This is another point and shoot classic which I think is better than abuzz lightyear at Disney, simply because it’s a hand held gun, rather than a fixed. I won both games.

We made our way round the park and did the following rides:
Revenge of the mummy
Transformers
Jimmy Fallon’s race through New York
Simpsons ride
Simpsons twirl and hurl - I was going to bottle this one, but it was just like dumbo (jasmine rode)
Rip ride rocket
Woody woodpeckers coaster
ET
Escape from gringots x2
Men in Black x 2

We decided to call it a day at 1 and didn’t do Shrek 4d or any of the shows. We were getting a bit fed up with the routine of put on some 3D glasses, sit in a car and get thrown around. The best ride of the day was revenge of the mummy as it was mostly coaster rather than simulator. Rip ride rocket could have been up there but none of us felt safe! It doesn’t have an over shoulder harness just a big wide lap bar. The whole way round I thought I was going to fall out and both girls said the same.

We walked over to Toothsome’s chocolate emporium for lunch - we ordered a croque monsieur, a cheese burger and a marshmallow crisp milkshake. I don’t like milk shake but had a sip and it was really quite tasty.

Next stop was the crazy golf course. We just got to hole 8 when the heavens opened. The next 3 were under cover but then we got an announcement that there was lightning in the area and we needed to return to base. They gave us a rain check to use at any time.

We then had to make the ten minute walk back to the hotel to get our bag and our car. Once again we were soaked through to the skin. The girls waited under the cover outside while I went in for the bag. Just inside there were baskets of warm towels so I grabbed one and wrapped it round me. I then left the bag with Phoe and jas and I went to get the car and drove round to collect Phoebe.

We were on our way back home - we had seen that mum and dad’s flight had landed but hadn’t heard anything from them yet. We were about 5 minutes from home when we had a text to say they were at the villa. We arrive home and they’ve just started unpacking. Mum is hobbling but insists that it is a million times better than it was. They had a good flight and landed almost 30 minutes early.

We then had to take a quick trip to Disney Springs to pick up M&D’s limited edition magic bands. We were just getting in the car (dad drove) when it started to rain/thunder/lightning. It got so bad at one point that we couldn’t see a thing and had to pull over! We were two miles from Disney spring when one second it was torrential and the next nine dry. Phoe even stuck her head out of the window to check! Half way through the journey, jas pointed out a spider on the ceiling. Nanny flicked it out of the way into the front of the car!?!

A quick dash into World of Disney to collect the bands and Jas managed to get a t-shirt she spotted the other day but didn’t have her size.

We drove home via publix to get a few more supplies and pick up a take out pizza - half and half, pepperoni/cheese. Get home and it’s all bloody pepperoni! I didn’t have the strength to argue so just people to pick it off.

A quick catch up with m and d and then off to bed.

Observations: universal/IoA. I hadn’t been in over 10 years and won’t be rushing back. It’s all just very samey.

Loews Royal pacific resort: worth it’s weight in gold to get those express passes. Beautiful hotel. Club level rooms: not worth it if you’re only staying 1 night. You’re not really in your room enough to make use of the facilities.

Compared to Disney, universal win hands down in the toilet paper stakes.

Too many lockers - just let us take our stuff on the rides!

Too many rules regarding photography - hence not many pics today

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS:

Day 7 - Universal Studios

I woke up to mum snoring at 12:46am! Then again at 4 something and then woke up for good at 6:45. We got ready and headed for the breakfast at about 7:20. We then came back to the room to find Jasmine still in bed and not up and dressed like we’d asked her to be!

We then checked out of your room and left our bags with bell services. I had my Captain America blanket with me and when the guy said are we fans because we both had Avenger tops on. He then asked if we cried, obviously we did, and we stood and chatted about it for a while. Anyone who hasn’t watched Endgame yet, sort your life out because you’re obviously not a real fan! And I’m fed up of not being able to cry and go over every detail in public!

Finally into the park and headed straight to the Harry Potter section, which was down yesterday but back up today. Walked through Diagon Alley which was amazing and then onto Escape Gringotts which was better than expected!

We then did Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket,Transformers: The Ride 3D, Revenge of the Mummy, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, Men in Black: Alien Attack, The Simpson’s Ride, Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl, and Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster.

After we’d managed to do all of these rides we couldn’t face another simulator to skipped Shrek and said we’d come back to it another day if we popped back in. How some people do two solid weeks at Universal I don’t know, other than Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket, and the Mummy, they’re all flipping simulators. Most of them are the exact same rides, 3D glasses and being flung around in the same sequences just different stories.

We headed for lunch at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen where Jas had a burger and fries, mum had a ham and cheese toastie with fries and I had a Marshmallow Crisp milkshake. It was delish! This entire time we’re waiting for the “we’ve landed” text from nanny and Gdog to say they’ve arrived but it never came. We guessed what time they’d land, I said 13:47, mum said 14:10 and Jas said 14:30!? They landed st 13:40! I won!

After lunch we headed to crazy golf as Jasmine was desperate to play. $48 though!? I’ll be telling her she needs to pay for some of it. We’d chosen the haunted side and was 10 holes in when it started pouring it down! Absolutely raining buckets. We then stood and waited for a while to see if it died down a bit. It didn’t. We then had an announcement to come back to the start. We then got a redemption voucher as we couldn’t complete the game.

We then decided to make a run for it to the cat, which was about 15 minutes away. Car not cat. I don’t like cats. Cats scare me. But I can’t be bothered to backspace and change it. So cat it is. I had a poncho on, unlike Sunday, it was now their turn to get drenched. I had my Ariel trainers on and didn’t want them to get ruined so I took them off and held them under my poncho like a child and ran in my socks through the rivers.

When we got back to the hotel mum went to get the bag and the blanket. Luckily we had towels in the back of the car, not cat, for times like this. They then both went to collect the car whilst I sat with the bags. Finally in the car and half warm but with soggy feet, we were on our way back to the villa. Nanny and Gdog text to say they were at the villa st 4pm! We were about 8 minutes away when they sent this.

Arrived at the villa to a better car than we had, and a tired nanny and grandad. Nanny is still limping and the ankle is huge, but she insists she’s fine and it’s a lot better. I wished I’d seen it when she first did it, if this is a lot better!

We then headed out to Disney Springs to collect their magic bands. I was again, starving at this point, so had to buy emergency sweets to stop myself from keeling over, which everyone then helped themselves! On the way we had to pull over as the rain was so torrential, we couldn’t see. As soon as we were in Disney property It had completely stopped and the ground was dry!

We then went over to Publix to pick up some more supplies. A whole load of bread in every kind you can imagine and some fruit and ordered a large half and half cheese and pepperoni pizza. When we go back to the villa it was al pepperoni! Nanny and I had to pick it off and add extra cheese.

We then linked their magic bands to the accounts and sat with our feet in the jacuzzi for a while before turning in for the night.

Hopefully we will all sleep better tonight being separated again!

Dad and Teresa have been in Epcot today and kept in touch throughout, completed FPS for Soarin, living with the land and the seas with Nemo and friends. Their bus to the hotel and parks is a faff but saves the Disney Parking fees.

Animal Kingdom and Magic KIngdom tomorrow!

Edited at 03:40 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Busy day! Glad you enjoyed gringotts escape we loved that one too. Shame about the rain ☔️
Have just read your pre trip report and realised how many people are joining you! And all the Birthday plans! How exciting- looking forward to reading more x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 07:38 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's a pity you didn't enjoy Universal that much but I suppose it'll save you some money in future!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another busy day; I completly agree about Universal, it's just one simulator ride after another...disappointing
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

We spent a week at Sapphire Falls in Feb and although the hotel was lovely, Universal wasn't a patch on Disney. If it was down to me I really wouldn't bother in the future!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
We spent a week at Sapphire Falls in Feb and although the hotel was lovely, Universal wasn't a patch on Disney. If it was down to me I really wouldn't bother in the future!
We’re not going to bother again - it’s just so samey
Old 28 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day glad your Mum & Dad had a good flight

Joan
Old 9 Jun 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Loads of rides done again today, shame you didn't love Universal but yes will save pennies in future! Its one of our favourites but yes I get the samey samey thing.

Glad mum and dad arrived safe and found the villa.