Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 5 Aug 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I think you should be asking for a DAS card. You have a valid reason for one!
I’ve had endometriosis since I was 18 and am now 46 with loads of issues around my bladder and bowel.
Mine has been relatively under control for the last 7 years or so although I’ve just spent a few nights in hospital and need more follow up.
Awareness of the condition has improved so much in the last few years but I think there is still this stigma that it’s not a serious condition but it is.
I did ask for one and got it. It was more to do with me not being able to hold my bladder but I did have a issue with a flare up over there which wasn’t brilliant but keep going when in the most magical place on earth.
They had adverts on their tv channels for drug for helping endo so I think they are more aware than the uk are.

Maybe we should have an endo group cos I seem to have come across lots of people the same on here. Mines controlled by the pill but for some reason I still seem to get the pains a lot. I’ve had them most days since coming home from Disney and i get fed up of feeling like 💩

I only ended up asking for it 4 times in three weeks. Used it three times as the ride went down. I used it on slinky and seven drawfs. No way would I have managed those lines. I think I managed a lot really not using it that much but it was more of peace of mind that I could if I needed to but tried very hard not to if I could.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I did ask for one and got it. It was more to do with me not being able to hold my bladder but I did have a issue with a flare up over there which wasn’t brilliant but keep going when in the most magical place on earth.
They had adverts on their tv channels for drug for helping endo so I think they are more aware than the uk are.

Maybe we should have an endo group cos I seem to have come across lots of people the same on here. Mines controlled by the pill but for some reason I still seem to get the pains a lot. I’ve had them most days since coming home from Disney and i get fed up of feeling like 💩

I only ended up asking for it 4 times in three weeks. Used it three times as the ride went down. I used it on slinky and seven drawfs. No way would I have managed those lines. I think I managed a lot really not using it that much but it was more of peace of mind that I could if I needed to but tried very hard not to if I could.
That’s great that you got one.

I saw those adverts too.

It’s a shame that you are still in pain, I used the pill for years to manage it until I had a crazy bleed and needed a blood transfusion. I have the mirena coil and the bleeding and pain are much more infrequent.

You are right we should have an endo group.

I ended up in hospital last week and have a suspected diaphragmatic hernia or some other issue with my liver. Waiting on an mri, I asked if it could be endo related but was told no, however, I’ve read loads of the last few days of instances of endometriosis causing this. So yet again just as I thought my endo battle was over it looks like it might have thrown something new my way to deal with. It truly is never ending! 😭
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alvin_purple
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
We will be getting a DAS pass for my daughter, she is currently waiting on a possible autism diagnosis and has sensory issues (all but one sense) and is a very anxious child. I have spoken to Disney as I feel the same way as you about abusing the system. This will be our 4th visit and we have never used one up until now. She can't wait in a queue longer than about half an hour. She doesn't get outrageously badly behaved, what she does is goes quiet and introverted and starts to feel upset and overwhelmed. Because of this... we have never done many of the big huge queue rides. We will be using the DAS pass because the woman at Disney told me too but only on rides where the wait time is astronomical and we can't get fast passes for. We will still wait 3 hours for FOP, it's just that we will wait in a spot we know is quieter and more bearable for my daughter. It is likely in our 2 weeks, we will use it a handful of times... that's it.
Don't feel bad about using something that's there to help you. Phone and speak to Disney if you need to. They are magical.
We are in the same situation with our son. The DAS system works great for us but I do sometimes feel guilty. I really wish they would ask for a doctors letter or something. We always bring one even though we know it's not going to be looked at.
alvin_purple is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List