Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 13, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GRDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

How does current deal compare?

Hi all,

I know this might be a bit of an impossible question... buuuut...

I'm looking at booking for April with a friend and our kids. I'm very tempted to book while the 2 days/nights free offer is on as we're going for 4 nights so it's effectively nearly 50% off.

I'm pretty sure this is about as good a deal as we're going to get but just wanted to check with you guys to see if you agree? I should add my little boy will be 7 when we go so he doesn't qualify for the 'under 7's stay and play free). I know sometimes they offer under 12's but I don't know how likely it is this will come up again.

How likely is it that they'll offer a better deal once this current deal ends?

I know it's a bit like asking someone to predict the future but any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated

Thanks

Gill

WDW Private Villa June 2008
DLP Cheyenne nov/Dec 2011 & Aug 2012
WDW Private Villa Aug 2013
GRDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

this is a difficult one, because your child is already 7, so you'll have to pay for him onsite with the current deal.

How flexible are you with dates and choice of hotel (ie onsite or offsite)? Do you have an ideal budget and does the current deal you're seeing on the official site meet that budget?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I would say it depends ! From my perplspecrive if your considering getting one of the food plans then yes it does make sense but if your nor then its alot more expensive for us the 40% off deal was better than the current one x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post

under 12's free is usually jan - march.
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowwy View Post
under 12's free is usually jan - march.
or if you look on another country's version of the website, you might find under-12s free (try the French version, I think thats the case for this year's winter months on their one at the moment).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
GRDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
this is a difficult one, because your child is already 7, so you'll have to pay for him onsite with the current deal.

How flexible are you with dates and choice of hotel (ie onsite or offsite)? Do you have an ideal budget and does the current deal you're seeing on the official site meet that budget?

Hiya,

I know I'm probably asking a daft question!

I'm pretty flexible with dates but have had a good play around and the beginning of Easter hols seems cheapest (I can't consider outside of school hols unfortunately!). I would prefer to stay on site and to be honest having looked offsite and then considered the extra travel/tickets on top I don't feel like I'd be saving anything really. I think it works out cheaper if you maybe want a longer stay but for 4/5 nights I think on site prices when you consider tickets are incl are very comparable.

I think I am happy to pay the price I'm getting and I know if I'm happy I should just book and then never look again! but you know what we're like for not liking to feel like we're going to miss a better deal!

Thanks so much for all your thoughts anyway, am off to my friends shortly to ponder

Oh and Sammykitten... How do I look on they french site from here? That's something I hadn't thought of!

Gill x

WDW Private Villa June 2008
DLP Cheyenne nov/Dec 2011 & Aug 2012
WDW Private Villa Aug 2013
GRDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

on the official DLP site, go to the bottom of the page and click on "change your country".

you may still have other options if booking onsite for early April.

remember cashback sites too, if booking online.

Are there going to be 4 of you in the room ie 2 adults, one 7-year old and one under-7? If so, it might be worth looking at how much it would be for one adult and one child under-7 onsite for your dates, compared to the price for 2 adults and 2 kids, one aged 7. If its a fair bit less, you might want to consider getting one or 2 APs and adding the one or 2 AP holders to the room when you check in (this doesn't cost any more money, apart from at the most 2 euros per night booked, per extra guest, which covers local taxes and breakfast at the onsite hotel). The advantage of having at least one AP, if it works out cheaper/just about the same price, is that you then get discounts on food and souvenirs for your whole party, while you are at DLP.
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't worry too much about a better deal coming along. We originally booked our December trip on 2nts/2days free deal. Then 40% off deal came along and worked out cheaper so i amended the booking and they recalculated on new deal. Then last week offer changed and for our dates it was worth it, so i called to amend my booking and it's now booked on 20% off with free half board. As long as it's more than 60days before arrival you don't even need to increase cost of package to avoid amendment fees, within 60days you can't reduce cost so if new offer cheaper you have to add something eg character meal but you're still getting more for your money.
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread