Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 13, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Travel insurance?

Now this may be a strange question but for all our past trips we have purchased travel insurance. We have the European health cards (not sure what the cover?) and always always have European breakdown cover as we drive but was wondering if I really need regular travel insurance too? I am pretty sure I do but as we are planning lots of short trips over there if I don't then I would rather save the money! So does anyone know/what to you do? Especially regular visitors? Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

EHIC only gives you the same medical treatment for free that a French resident would get - but it doesn't cover any extra travel/hotel costs if you are too ill to travel once you reach France. That, delays to your travel due to ferries/eurotunnel etc and lost/stolen luggage, passports etc etc are what you are paying travel insurance for.

I always take travel insurance for DLP, just go on a comparison website and pick one of the cheapest (checking the excess and what it covers etc). Its usually less than £7 per trip for us.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I agree I would always get insurance, as you won't be covered for cancellations, hotel issues, travel etc if you have illness or accident.
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Yes, we always take out insurance when going anywhere abroad.
It's never more than around £10 for our family of 5.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

as you will be taking lots of short trips, i suggest an annual travel insurance policy.
i looked at the post office insurance, and was later recommended morethan and insure&go from dibbers here.
Old 6 Oct 13, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
coventry_family
Very Serious Dibber

Another vote for an annual multi trip policy. Dont forget they cover trips in the UK as well.
Old 6 Oct 13, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant thank you all! I thought this would be the answer, we are going to Mexico and Cyprus next year too for weddings so would be worthwhile getting an annual policy then.
Old 8 Oct 13, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi, there was an article in a newspaper about the perils of relying on your E111. A lady in France had an accident & was paralysed. Without travel insurance she couldn't afford to be air ambulanced back to the UK & her family had to fundraise to meet the cost. I make sure I always have travel insurance after that!
sasprilla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread