Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

An Unexpected Disney Trip

Well I didn't think I would be posting on any Disney planning boards for many years yet but we have just booked a very unexpected trip to Disneyland Paris.

I must admit I'm in two minds about this trip as I never thought we would return to Disneyland Paris but we have had a vary rare chance to spend time with our Australian family (husband's sister) that we couldn't let pass us by.

The last time we went to Disneyland Paris was in 2010 and I looked like this

I was 33 weeks pregnant and I was turning 30. Unfortunately both me and my mum caught the Norovirus whilst there, our last day, and I was admitted to hospital on our return to England. We have also been spoilt by WDW so we are quite nervous to return.

But we are returning with open minds and I'm quite looking forward to the fact that we will see Disney dressed for Christmas, as that is something I have always wanted to do.

So I'm here to ask you all for some lovely advise.

Firstly our son is autistic so any hints and tips that you may have on that subject would be very helpful?

We were able to get eurostar tickets with our airmiles but we have to travel into Paris on the way there but are getting the direct train back from Disney. How do we get from Paris to Disney? What does it cost?

We are booked in the Hotel Cheyenne, anything we should know?

We were lucky as we got the free meal vouchers, where are the must do places to eat? And can we book these?

We have booked lunch/dinner for Cafe Mickeys but the family we are traveling with haven't. They have meal vouchers, can they use these at face value there so that they can join us?

I have seen that the Disneyland park closes at 7pm on our nights there and I know they have a Dreams show. There is also something about a Christmas tree lighting and possible parade. Does anyone know what times these things are on? I was thinking if these are more late afternoon it would be better to have a big lunch so we don't miss anything as we only really have two full days in the park.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions as we have to be prepared with our son but I think I have asked enough for now.

Thanks in advance for all your help

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

firstly I would contact Disney's special needs department. dlp.cro.special.need@disneylandparis.com <dlp.cro.special.need@disneylandparis.com>;

Unlike WDW you will have to take evidence with you re your son't dx of autism. As with anything with an autistic child lots of planning will be required.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Have you already booked? If not, try getting the indirect train to DLP which changes at Lille, rather than going into Paris. It's much easier and can be the same price - starting at £69 return. At Lille we got off the train, and caught the TGV train 20 min later from the same platform.

If you have already booked, don't panic! We did this journey last time and it is perfectly doable.

At Gare du Nord you go downstairs, and get your tickets from the green machine (6.55 Euros per adult, not sure about child fare). I had the change all ready from our last trip as I'm not sure about using cards etc, but they do take notes as well.

You press the union flag sign for English, and press 'tickets for Paris region' as opposed to Paris city. Then start typing 'Marne la Vallee' and it should come up. Choose how many tickets you want, then press 'validate' and put your money in.

Follow the signs for RER round the corner and across a little bridge. You need to know the 'direction' ie the last stop on the line, to know which train you want.

First you want Line B (the blue one) direction Robinson or direction Sainte Remy les Chevreuses. We got it from platform 42.

Then go one stop - takes about 10 minutes - to Chatelet les Halles. Get off the train and look straight ahead of you at the platform opposite - and that's the one you want! Easy peasy. No stairs, no hassle, just step off one and onto the other.

There's a sign showing the different stations, and if there is a light next to 'Marne la Vallee' you know the train is stopping there. So jump on it, and 45 minutes later you'll be at Marne la Vallee. There are lifts and escalators there.

When you get to Marne la Vallee, you have various options. You could go and get a free shuttle bus to the Cheyenne, or you could walk there through the Village.

This is only my opinion, but I would always walk. The buses get very crowded and people push and shove to get on. By the time you walk to the bus stop, you could be half way over to the Village anyway.

You now go through bag check near World of Disney.

Then it's a 10 minute stroll through the Village (stopping at Earl of Sandwich if you're hungry!) past the Hotel New York, straight on past the river and you'll see the Cheyenne ahead of you.

Sorry, that has been insanely detailed, but hope it helps!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Have you already booked? If not, try getting the indirect train to DLP which changes at Lille, rather than going into Paris. It's much easier and can be the same price - starting at £69 return. At Lille we got off the train, and caught the TGV train 20 min later from the same platform.

If you have already booked, don't panic! We did this journey last time and it is perfectly doable.

At Gare du Nord you go downstairs, and get your tickets from the green machine (6.55 Euros per adult, not sure about child fare). I had the change all ready from our last trip as I'm not sure about using cards etc, but they do take notes as well.

You press the union flag sign for English, and press 'tickets for Paris region' as opposed to Paris city. Then start typing 'Marne la Vallee' and it should come up. Choose how many tickets you want, then press 'validate' and put your money in.

Follow the signs for RER round the corner and across a little bridge. You need to know the 'direction' ie the last stop on the line, to know which train you want.

First you want Line B (the blue one) direction Robinson or direction Sainte Remy les Chevreuses. We got it from platform 42.

Then go one stop - takes about 10 minutes - to Chatelet les Halles. Get off the train and look straight ahead of you at the platform opposite - and that's the one you want! Easy peasy. No stairs, no hassle, just step off one and onto the other.

There's a sign showing the different stations, and if there is a light next to 'Marne la Vallee' you know the train is stopping there. So jump on it, and 45 minutes later you'll be at Marne la Vallee. There are lifts and escalators there.

When you get to Marne la Vallee, you have various options. You could go and get a free shuttle bus to the Cheyenne, or you could walk there through the Village.

This is only my opinion, but I would always walk. The buses get very crowded and people push and shove to get on. By the time you walk to the bus stop, you could be half way over to the Village anyway.

You now go through bag check near World of Disney.

Then it's a 10 minute stroll through the Village (stopping at Earl of Sandwich if you're hungry!) past the Hotel New York, straight on past the river and you'll see the Cheyenne ahead of you.

Sorry, that has been insanely detailed, but hope it helps!
Thank you so so much! I'm not the OP, but am considering a trip to paris next year and was wondering how I would do this trip :thumbs-
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 13, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

I spoke to a couple on the plane home who had an autistic son and they were able to get him in half price and one of them went free as a carer - I'm not sure how it worked but maybe worth looking into! Also you may be able to get a pass from guest services so he doesn't need to stand in any queues - for this you need a dr letter or disability card. Hope this helps!
Old 13 Oct 13, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
How exciting for you! When are you going? We'll be there at the end of November from what others have said the tree lighting is around 5pm. I don't know for definite but I would imagine that Dreams is going to be the last thing before the park closes, hopefully someone who has been recently will be able to advise

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 13, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

The time the park closes is when dreams starts, it's amazing you are going to love it!
Old 17 Oct 13, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry for taking so long to respond, it takes some time to get time to myself!

Originally Posted by teuchter View Post
firstly I would contact Disney's special needs department.
Thank you, I sent them an email and they told me what documents I would need.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We already had the tickets as I got them with my Virgin Air Miles. We didn't have much train choice left as they only have so many seats. Totally forgot about the Lille change but I was just happy to have got on a train for the dates we needed.

Thanks for all of your detailed info, it's just what I needed.

Originally Posted by mummymac View Post
I spoke to a couple on the plane home who had an autistic son and they were able to get him in half price and one of them went free as a carer - I'm not sure how it worked but maybe worth looking into! Also you may be able to get a pass from guest services so he doesn't need to stand in any queues - for this you need a dr letter or disability card. Hope this helps.
Thank you. You are correct but we already have the tickets as part of our package.

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
How exciting for you! When are you going? We'll be there at the end of November
We go on November the 18 until the 21st, so excited that we see Christmas.

Originally Posted by mummymac View Post
The time the park closes is when dreams starts, it's amazing you are going to love it!
Thank you, it is on the to do list.

Another Question

Is there a disabled viewing area that we can watch dreams from? Or is there a priority viewing area, like they do in WDW for the fantasmic dinner package?

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 13, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread