Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 13, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Desperate to go back! Weekends?

I'm desperate to go back after a fantastic time with DS but DH only has one holiday day left! Are all weekends busy?! Thinking of April but not Easter! Or early May bank hol to get an extra day! Am I best off waiting for Sept/Oct/Nov and going midweek?

It was just magical! Looked at going to legoland but most of the rides have height restrictions! (And it's not Disney!)

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

all weekends are manic compared to midweek at DLP - there are no exceptions I'm afraid.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Never, never, never go at the weekend! Lol.
I tried it once I was traumatised!

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I know lots of people say to avoid holidays and weekends - and I'm sure that it's quieter at other times, but we've only ever been able to go during the summer holidays or over weekends as we can't take the children out of school. It is doable, yes it can be very busy, but with careful planning and a relaxed attitude it can still be a very magical time.
If the choice is to go during busy periods or not to go, then I'd definitely go anyway!

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neverbeen View Post
If the choice is to go during busy periods or not to go, then I'd definitely go anyway!
while i agree with you, the OP can go midweek later in the year, so thats what i'd do.

I do weekends or parts of weekends in almost all my trips now, but i have at least 2 full midweek days too, and i definitely prefer the midweek days - i get frustrated on weekend days and tend not to spend so long in the parks on those days because its so busy.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks you've made my mind up! It was so much better mon-thur whilst we were there than on the Sunday so if it's like that all year round I'll wait and go midweek! I can't queue with a baby and we never quite managed to make the benefit of EMH despite getting up at 7!

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 13, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
I'm desperate to go back after a fantastic time with DS but DH only has one holiday day left! Are all weekends busy?! Thinking of April but not Easter! Or early May bank hol to get an extra day! Am I best off waiting for Sept/Oct/Nov and going midweek?

It was just magical! Looked at going to legoland but most of the rides have height restrictions! (And it's not Disney!)
Me being me i can't help but say...

Couldn't hubby pull a sickie or two?.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 13, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
Me being me i can't help but say...

Couldn't hubby pull a sickie or two?.
No he couldn't, that's not the sort of people we are. He also works in a small company and people would know we'd been away! I can't keep a holiday quiet!

Old 13 Dec 13, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread