Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Sep 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

I won’t tell my DW that we can use our card over in Orlando, it’s bad enough going shopping there over here. We only ever go in for a few things and suddenly the bill’s £250!
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by alictait View Post
I may be wrong, but don’t think they will accept even a Visa UK credit card, we always pay cash and always visit Costco when in the US. Their medication is soooo cheap, sad but true lol.

There is usually a cash machine that will accept a MasterCard but has a fairly expensive dispensing fee (well the one we went to charged $6)
We used our visa credit card in July. They don’t accept other credit cards here in the UK, only their own Amex but over there they do accept other cards so long as they are Visa. They do not accept Costco UK Amex cc which is what I was confirming to another poster.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
They don’t accept other credit cards here in the UK, only their own Amex but over there they do accept other cards so long as they are Visa.
They don’t only accept their own Amex in the UK, I used my US Delta Amex last month at a UK Costco 🙂
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

We used our visa credit card in July. They don’t accept other credit cards here in the UK, only their own Amex but over there they do accept other cards so long as they are Visa. They do not accept Costco UK Amex cc which is what I was confirming to another poster.
I have never had a problem using BA Amex in my local Costco so they do accept other Amex cards not just their own.

Sometimes I wish they didn't accept mine
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Ash View Post
You don’t need a card to get in, only if you plan on making a purchase (even then it is not an absolute requirement).

Yes your card will work.
They checked my card before letting me in in July. Maybe I just look dodgy.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Ash View Post
They don’t only accept their own Amex in the UK, I used my US Delta Amex last month at a UK Costco 🙂
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I have never had a problem using BA Amex in my local Costco so they do accept other Amex cards not just their own.

Sometimes I wish they didn't accept mine
I stand corrected re what Amex cards they accept here (I only have a Costco one) however I’m still correct in saying they don’t accept other cards such as Visa or MasterCard here in the UK.

My original point was regarding using Visa over there as they do not accept Amex in the US and a poster disputed this. I’ve used my Visa over there a few times now, we were caught out around 5 years ago when we only had our Amex and a MasterCard with us but luckily had enough cash (just) for what we were buying.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
We've always shown our cards on entrance - they check the same in the UK. Never seen anyone not showing their cards tbh.

For anyone going that likes spirits, especially the Kirkland or non-European brands, they are a lot cheaper in the US.

Recent example. Kirkland rum is £36 in the UK, it was $14 in August (1.75 litre bottle)
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

I stand corrected re what Amex cards they accept here (I only have a Costco one) however I’m still correct in saying they don’t accept other cards such as Visa or MasterCard here in the UK.

My original point was regarding using Visa over there as they do not accept Amex in the US and a poster disputed this. I’ve used my Visa over there a few times now, we were caught out around 5 years ago when we only had our Amex and a MasterCard with us but luckily had enough cash (just) for what we were buying.
They do accept Visa and MasterCard when they are debit cards
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
We've always shown our cards on entrance - they check the same in the UK. Never seen anyone not showing their cards tbh.

For anyone going that likes spirits, especially the Kirkland or non-European brands, they are a lot cheaper in the US.

Recent example. Kirkland rum is £36 in the UK, it was $14 in August (1.75 litre bottle)
You don’t need a membership for an eye test or a prescription or to eat in the food court. Some states (not sure of Florida is one of them) do not require a membership to purchase alcohol.

Also anyone that is shopping with a Costco cash (gift) card can make a purchase without membership.