Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Oct 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Olinkolad
First POST

Mobile Sons Birthday

Hi everyone,

It’s our first time to Orlando and we’re staying at Floridays Resort on international drive.

Our dates have changed due to Thomas Cook, but my sons 4th birthday is 2 days after we land now.

Please, can someone recommend somewhere to buy balloons and banners etc to dress the room while he’s asleep?
We did have a week to plan on our previously booked holiday, but it is going to be a rush now.

Present wise, he’s still in to cars, diggers etc, so we were thinking of buying stuff out there. But we’re not going to have a lot of time now.
I guess a Walmart or something?

On his birthday we’ll go to Magic Kingdom as that’s what he recognises, but can we go anywhere or do something even more special?

Thank you for any advice.
Olinkolad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Go or do anything more special than going to MK on his birthday? I dont think thats possible. Maybe add a character dining at Crystal Palace.

Why not take normal balloons and banners with you as they are light and then buy a special disney helium balloon in MK, the double ones are fantastic.

Originally Posted by Olinkolad View Post
On his birthday we’ll go to Magic Kingdom as that’s what he recognises, but can we go anywhere or do something even more special?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I'd recommend this disneyworld.disney.go/en...irates-league/

We only did the basic package but the kids loved it
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Decorate a t ≈≈≈≈ for him saying happy birthday on it but remember to do the dates for MM/DD/YY as your in America we did one for my son he loved it but thanks to me not thinking we had some funny looks as looked like his birthday was in April not 04/11 ! I would not worry about the presents or decs if your going to be out at a park all day my son had a great time we just gave him extra ice cream etc did ask for a candle in a cup cake so he could make his birthday wish. We also let him choose a few things from the shops while we went round the park he loved it he was 10 he actually choose a couple of pin badges too so he could remember his special day of rides he went on not something I would have thought he would have liked.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You could book a meal at Chef Mickey’s after MK. Don’t forget to get him a birthday badge from guest services on the way in to the park. For getting decorations etc. there is the Walmart on Turkey Lake road which should be cheap to get to with Uber/Lyft or just a few minutes drive if you have a car.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’m taking banners and balloons from home for my sons 18th
soexcited28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bj4321
Proud to wear my Ears

There's a big Publix supermarket just around the corner from Floridays so you should be able to get balloons and banners from there. They do have some toys there too, but I'm not sure how much choice there is. There are also plenty of shops within Magic Kingdom if your son would like to pick something himself.

When are you going? We're going to Floridays on Saturday for a week - can't wait! Hope you have a fab time.
bj4321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List