Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Sep 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Apparently our British Costco card was “cute” in Texas the other day 😃
Dh got Levi’s for $12.97 very pleased !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Am I correct in thinking that in Costco USA you have to use Visa credit cards and not Amex as in the UK?
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Also, if they have a gas station your card will not work. There was an attendant who used his for me, but the pump wouldn't authorise any of my cards
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Am I correct in thinking that in Costco USA you have to use Visa credit cards and not Amex as in the UK?
Yes you are correct. We used our Nationwide Select visa as it has no foreign transaction fee but any visa credit or debit card would do.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Battery Chicken View Post
Ok I appreciate this sounds strange but my son has Autism in his defense!

He absolutely loves Costco and is desperate to visit one in Florida. We think we can use our UK membership card to get in.

Does anyone have experience/knowledge of this? He will be heartbroken if we go and we are not let in.
Just PM'd you.

ps Let me know if you get it or not, I don't see the message in my sent box, technology! I definitely hit "send".

Edited at 12:49 PM.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Battery Chicken View Post
We think we can use our UK membership card to get in.
You don’t need a card to get in, only if you plan on making a purchase (even then it is not an absolute requirement).

Yes your card will work.
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
alictait
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Yes you are correct. We used our Nationwide Select visa as it has no foreign transaction fee but any visa credit or debit card would do.
I may be wrong, but don’t think they will accept even a Visa UK credit card, we always pay cash and always visit Costco when in the US. Their medication is soooo cheap, sad but true lol.

There is usually a cash machine that will accept a MasterCard but has a fairly expensive dispensing fee (well the one we went to charged $6)
alictait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
We've used it in the past when 5 of us went as stocked up at start of holiday but have not used it for a few years so checked their website and "In short, yes! You can use your Costco membership card at any Costco warehouse in the world."

Don't know if they still do them but you used to get great fresh churros at the cafe too
Was gutted when they stopped doing those in the UK
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
alictait
Trying for More Ears

Oh and yeah, they still do the churros for $1
alictait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alictait View Post
I may be wrong, but don’t think they will accept even a Visa UK credit card, we always pay cash and always visit Costco when in the US. Their medication is soooo cheap, sad but true lol.

There is usually a cash machine that will accept a MasterCard but has a fairly expensive dispensing fee (well the one we went to charged $6)
I used my UK Visa debit card in June. My mastercard is fee free but I forgot they don’t accept it. I didn’t have enough cash, so reluctantly used my debit card.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List