Old 28 Mar 14, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Pinmac1 View Post
Just revisiting this post for the info on the Wicked tickets which I still need to book and was looking at your beautiful photos in the first thread. If you can remember, can you tell please the names of the 3 buildings in the photos straight after the one where you are sitting on the bench (photos 4,5 and 6)? They are beautiful and make me very excited to be going to NY.
A quick look on google maps and I've found the buildings you're after (can you tell I'm bored!)

Photo 4 is of 8 Spruce Street (formerly known as Beekman Tower).

Photo 5 is of 5 Beekman Street. It is currently abandoned and has been for several years but plans are underway to turn it into a luxury hotel.

Photo 6 is of the Manhattan Municipal Building at 1 Centre Street.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 14, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Ariel88 View Post
A quick look on google maps and I've found the buildings you're after (can you tell I'm bored!)

Photo 4 is of 8 Spruce Street (formerly known as Beekman Tower).

Photo 5 is of 5 Beekman Street. It is currently abandoned and has been for several years but plans are underway to turn it into a luxury hotel.

Photo 6 is of the Manhattan Municipal Building at 1 Centre Street.
Now that's research!

Very interesting to know. I especially loved no 5 Beekman St! I'll have to keep my eyes out for the hotel!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 14, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Now that's research!

Very interesting to know. I especially loved no 5 Beekman St! I'll have to keep my eyes out for the hotel!
It's a stunning building - can't believe a gem like that has been abandoned all those years though! Will have to take a walk around the City Hall area as the architecture looks amazing.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 14, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
just wanted to say thank you so much for your reports - a great read and lots of useful ideas. We are heading to NYC as this summer with our 10 yrd old thanks for all the suggestions. I love the look of Juniors - would you be able to let me know where the restaurant is?

Thanks again - really helpful
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 14, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
just wanted to say thank you so much for your reports - a great read and lots of useful ideas. We are heading to NYC as this summer with our 10 yrd old thanks for all the suggestions. I love the look of Juniors - would you be able to let me know where the restaurant is?

Thanks again - really helpful
No worries, I love writing them! The restaurant is near all the theaters in Broadway.

West 45th St. between
Broadway and 8th Ave.

If you get a chance, buy this map book here. It was an absolute God send for us finding our way round on foot! We just marked all the restaurants/points of interest we were after in it beforehand and at any point we could just look and see what we were near!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 14, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
If you get a chance, buy this map book here. It was an absolute God send for us finding our way round on foot!
Link for map book wont open, can you give the name of the map book for me to search. Thanks.
Old 5 Apr 14, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks again abiknox - really helpful and just bought the book.
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 14, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
Link for map book wont open, can you give the name of the map book for me to search. Thanks.
Its the New York Map Book. Essential guide to Manhattan. By Michael Middleditch.

It really was amazingly useful
Old 5 Apr 14, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
Thanks again abiknox - really helpful and just bought the book.
No worries, you wont regret it. Do remember to mark down some places though. Especially a Shake Shack
Old 8 Apr 14, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Muckers2001
Very Serious Dibber

Muckers2001's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for the tips on the Wicked tickets - I've just booked the same seats as you (and the two in front) for our upcoming trip in July - really looking forward to it!

Do you know if you can book Juniors? Can you remember how long Wicked was (we've got a 7pm showing) - so I can judge whether two hungry teenagers can wait until after the show?

Thanks again x