Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Dec 13, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Question questions!

Just realise it is only 3 and a half weeks until we go to DLP

Have a number of little niggly questions that can only be answered by people who have been there before!

Firstly - Money!

We are going HB and I plan to take as many snacks as possible to limit buying food in the park. The kids are getting spending money from family as part of their xmas present so whatever they get will be their money for soverners etc so how much do I really need to take myself? Plan to use food vouchers towards a trip to Cafe Mickey and will want some small gifts for myself no doubt but otherwise? Would 50 Euros a day be enough? (I'm going with my mum as well so sure she will end up treating us lol but don't want to assume)

Second - Food!

As I said, I plan to take snacks like crisps and other 'lunchbox' fillers, I was also thinking of taking a bottle of squash, tea bags, hot chocolate and biscuits for in the hotel room.
My question's are:
Can you use the water from the taps for drinks? What about for the kettle? (Is there a kettle in the room? We are staying at the Cheyanne) If not, if I was to take a 2 litre water bottle, is there anywhere in the hotel I can fill it up with drinking water?
Can you take bits from breakfast like fresh fruit and slices of bread? Sugar sachets and milk pots? Butter and jams? (I'm thinking if I can whip up some sandwichs for kids lol)

Any other advice regarding food?

Finally - other than food and gifts, is there anything else that I would need money for at the Parks? The only holidays we have been on as a family are to places like Butlins and we end up spending a daft amount of money doing things like playing games in the arcade, bowling and such, I'm assuming there won't be anything like this at Disney as there is so much to see and do?

Thanks so much for your help
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 13, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we were in the Cheyenne last weekend and we did have a kettle but also took our own as I had heard some rooms do not have them. We took some plastic mugs, spoons and sachets of coffee, creamer, hot chocs and also Pot Noodles! We did not have a fridge, not sure if this is the same in all rooms? We also took some nuts and crackers (TUC and Cheddars) as well as some chocolate, biscuits and mince pies (!)

Can't remember seeing fresh fruit at breakfast other than a dish of tinned fruit, but they did have bread and rolls, butter pats, jam, Nutella, sugar sachets.

There was no sign to say the water in the room was NOT drinking water so would presume it's Ok to drink.

Can't think of anything else you'd need money for other than snacks and souvineers / gifts.

We took a hairdryer as there is not one in the room (but I have heard that you can get one from reception for a deposit?), also the only freebie toiletries we got was ONE 37ml bottle hair/body wash for the 5 days, and for me being a larger lady (size 16-18) I found the bath towel was small so took my own bath sheet. Finally, the TV in the evening was pants so thankfully DH had downloaded a few films onto the ipad to watch.

HAVE FUN!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

They don't encourage people taking food from breakfast for later. There should be little problem with taking your own snacks into the parks but officailly it is not allowed. They tend to turn a blind eye. You may have to borrow a kettle from reception.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 13, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
When we went back in 2011 we had a kettle but no hair dryer. Our son at the time was just over a year old and was quite fussy with what he would eat, on day one we did struggle to get him to eat something so day 2 took a few bread rolls with Han and cheese from breakfast in case he was the same, I must say there were loads of people doing this and no one said anything about it, so we presumed it was fine , ooppss haha.
We only needed money for gifts and food items and tha was it, we did find that some of the places to eat in the Disney village were really expensive but there are options for all budgets. When we go in January we will be taking some snacks and cordial for our kids but we won't be drinking the water from the taps in the rooms. When abroad we always drink bottled water just like the locals do. If rather be safe than sorry.
Have a wonderful time x

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 13, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We've just returned and didn't have a kettle in the room, we took our own travel one. We took a loaf of bread and sandwich paste that didn't need to go in fridge til opened to make sandwiches with, it depends how you're travelling. We also took bottled water with us, I never drink tap water abroad purely due to the different mineral contents, I'm sure it's safe to drink, it's just not what you're used to.

Money wise really is how long is a piece of string, I wasn't intending buying many souvenirs but still spent about €200-250 on gifts for the 3 of us and parents! Food wise you could share a quick service meal to tide you over and you'll get a voucher for free hot drink later in the day.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 13, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

A quick service meal will set you back between 10-13 euros each for an adult (to give you an idea). mcdonalds in the disney village will be cheaper. soft drinks about 3.09 euros minimum so take some drinks with you. This quickly adds up over a day. Souvenirs? As much as you can take as you will want to buy loads! French drinking water is fine to drink. I always drink it in squash and haven't noticed any different taste. (not stayed onsite) Take plenty of snacks, sweets for queues. Take thermals. nothing worse than being cold. Have a fantastic time.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 13, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for the replies

Well budgeting for about 400 Euros, I know I will want to buy lots of souvenirs but will be trying to keep it small as have to bring it home and not taking huge bags! Kids already have disney clothes, soft toys, costumes and minnie ears (thanks to Christmas lol) so all they NEED to buy is a autograph book each and a pen. I want a mug (I collect mugs, sad I know but at least you can use my collection lol) and probably a photoframe but the rest will be extra

Another question I've thought of is where can I find the programme of parade and show times? My mum and her partner want to go into Paris one day but don't want to miss the main events, but the scedual on the DLP website seems to only go up until Dec - we are going on the 5th Jan.

Any help?
Thanks xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 13, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Re the schedule I'd just keep an eye on the DLP website, they should update it soon. Otherwise on your first day or when you check in there should be times guides as you enter the park or available at the hotel.
Within the parks themselves the only thing you have to pay extra for that I remember was the shooting arcade in Fronteirland- but it's really just a diversion (and you can't win anything!) so I suggest you pass it by, there's so much else to do you won't really need it.
What we always find adds up on holidays are the little things you don't really budget for but end up adding up- bottles of drinks, stamps, pins, pens etc- if you've got limited funds I'd make sure you keep a careful eye!
I've tried drinking the tap water before and I'm still around to tell the tale although I don't really like the taste and it makes DH ill (I wouldn't read to much into that as tap water from outside the South East of England makes him ill!) so we stick to bottled. Water is pricy though so if you can take some with you, or alternatively try buying it in the garage near the Cheyenne, the shops in the train station or even hop the train to the hypermarket at Val d'Europe.
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 13, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread