Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Apr 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Is it worth upgrading dining plan ?

I apologise in advance as this has probably been asked umpteen times!

Is it worth upgrading from the quick service dining plan to the Disney dining plan?

There are 5 of us going 3 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 3 (possibly 4 depending the week we book near her birthday)

Thankyou in advance x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I personally would say yes.
Pro's:
1, Booking character meals saves you hours in meet and greet lines, book princesses and Mickey ect Job done.
2, Experience some really great restaurants that dis has to offer
3, you will pay very little to upgrade the children. the adults will cost about £250 each

Cons:
1, booking restaurants at 180 days out can be a bit nuts. Depending on when you go through there can be some wriggle room.
2, Being tied to reservations can be a bind.
3, dont forget to factor in your 18% tip at each sit down meal that you do. this mounts up.

I hope this helps.
Vicky
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We have upgraded ours for October. Vicky has pointed out the pros and cons above, it's really personal choice. We upgraded because it is both mine and DDs birthdays while we are there, so we feel we can book some nicer restaurants for celebratory meals. We also enjoy having a sit down waiter service meal most days. We find it more relaxing than the rush of a quick service restaurant. There are also many unusual, fun places to eat as ts options such as 50's Prime Time and Whispering Canyon and character meals which make the holiday memorable. It is also enjoyable to eat at a 2 ts credit meal once or twice in the holiday for an even more special occasion such as California Grill, Yachtsman, STK etc.

Of course, many people don't like the idea of more planning and booking meals so far in advance. There is also the 18-20% tip to factor in with ts meals.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
elle573
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We haven't this time as we just want to go without worrying about getting to a ADR, this is meant to be more relaxed pace Disney trip. We will use the money saved to book the dessert parties and Mnsshp if available instead of upgrading.

If it is your first time, I would upgrade we have had some great meals and kids loved meeting characters etc.
We have upgraded and had the ddp before and loved it for all the characters meals etc. We are planning to go again after this trip and will upgrade again.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
elle573 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 18
With small kids wanting to do dining or you wanting todo preferred seating or shows I’d upgrade.

Quick service is ok.. but a bind with eating and doesn’t help with any character dining.
Going back Apr 2025 for 25th Anniversary DLP - Explorers Hotel - Aug 2008, WDW Beach Club - Mar 2011, WDW Port Orleans Riverside - Mar 2013, WDW Dolphin - Apr 2015. DLP - AP 2016-2017. WDW Beach Club - July 2019. DLP - May 2023 & Dec 2023

Opulent73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List