Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Apr 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Any new GF options on menus since 2016?

My DD needs to eat GF. She is now visiting with us in September. Only added yesterday
We had provisionally decided on most of the places we wanted to eat but now some of these are less than ideal for her such as EOS.
She last visited in 2016 so my question is are there any stand out menus for GF that have appeared since then ?
We are on QSDP and have only booked 1TS which will be ok.
Thanks

Edited at 08:38 AM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Satu'li Canteen is new and has great choices - most of the menu is GF, I think there's only two components to avoid from memory. Depending when she went in 2016, Blaze may be new for her? Polite Pig is also new but I think their GF menu is disappointing - typical "no bread" sandwiches kind of stuff, rather than proper GF items.

Otherwise I think most of the allergy menus have been in place for awhile, but here's the best resource for them: glutenfreedairyfreewdw/menus/
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thanks Satuli looks good. We did have the gf pizza from Blaze, apparently the best pizza ever
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

We’re going on Aug with our newly diagnosed Coeliac DD (8). We’re QSDP this time. I’ve researched the pants off it and having come away satisfied she’ll be fed but probably won’t have a choice. I’m more gutted we can’t use the mobile ordering for our food now!

I’m planning on a food report when we get back as I have found it hard on here. Loads of people saying ‘it’ll be fine’ but very little specifics.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
We’re going on Aug with our newly diagnosed Coeliac DD (8). We’re QSDP this time. I’ve researched the pants off it and having come away satisfied she’ll be fed but probably won’t have a choice. I’m more gutted we can’t use the mobile ordering for our food now!

I’m planning on a food report when we get back as I have found it hard on here. Loads of people saying ‘it’ll be fine’ but very little specifics.
She should still have plenty of choice on QS, as you can choose from either the adult or child menu. Have you had a look at the menus on the link I posted above?

Although I agree that the lack of mobile ordering is a pain, I'm going solo next time (so without coeliac DH) and am planning to mobile order everything.
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
She should still have plenty of choice on QS, as you can choose from either the adult or child menu. Have you had a look at the menus on the link I posted above?

Although I agree that the lack of mobile ordering is a pain, I'm going solo next time (so without coeliac DH) and am planning to mobile order everything.
Plenty of choice overall but at each venue she hasn’t got the option of a full menu, only the few GF choices that are available. She is also only 8 so some things she just doesn’t like or doesn’t want to try. As far as I’ve been able to tell from all the research I’ve done there’s usually going to be one option she’d actually enjoy, occasionally two.

She isn’t massively fussy, but also not overly adventurous. She knows she needs to eat and if that’s pizza when she’d prefer something else then so be it. She’ll cope. She’s also type1 diabetic so we can’t afford to be overly faffy with things, pick a spot and make the best of the choices you have will be the approach!

Edited at 04:49 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Ooh, type 1 and coeliac - I feel for you both!

If it helps, my DH was super fussy until he was diagnosed. Once the diet reduced what he could eat, he started trying a lot more different foods so it wasn't always the same steak and chips/salad (depending which was safe) everywhere he went.