Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Feb 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Best places to eat in Disney without spending a fortune

Hi
All

I was wondering if any of you have found places in Disney that have proved to be really good for adults and children and have not ended up costing a fortune.
Whether they were table or quick service.
Sometimes kids can share adult meals rather than buying 2 kids meals ( the kids meals in Disney seem to be rather lacking in choice) and my wife will often only have a starter.

Thanks
Old 1 Feb 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I think most of the quick service places offer a good choice. They will be a lot cheaper than the sit down restaurants but still pricey compared to outside of the parks. If we are eating in the parks we pick -
Ak - Yak and Yeti counter
MK - Pinocchio Village Haus or Cosmic Rays
HS - ABC
Epcot - Sunshine seasons
Old 1 Feb 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs gets good reviews. It's a counter service restaurant but your food is served to you at the table.
Old 1 Feb 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Blaze at DS is inexpensive and one of the best QS we came across.
Starring Rolls at HS is a good option and the sandwiches are easily shareable.
Yak and Yeti is pretty good and I seem to remember it was quite good value.
We've not been to Flame Tree BBQ but I think the combo platter works out as a good deal.

There's quite a lot of good QS options in the world showcase and it all seems to be fairly reasonable price wise, for Disney anyway!

I've not found anything that takes my fancy in MK but if you like burgers Pecos Bill would be worth considering. I don't remember the prices but there's a toppings bar which you could make a salad from too included in the price.

The Table service is all quite expensive for what it is IMO, particularly the buffets,

Edited at 08:07 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

The Plaza at the end of Main Street in MK is a table service restaurant with prices not much greater than QS. It's lovely...and walk up only now (no ADRs) so good chance of an on spec table
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
The Plaza at the end of Main Street in MK is a table service restaurant with prices not much greater than QS. It's lovely...and walk up only now (no ADRs) so good chance of an on spec table
We ate here over Xmas and we felt it wasn't quite the bargain it once was. Might just be me being out of touch with QS prices but it felt that way!

Antietam, there were lots of places offering 20% off with AP and some DVC discounts. We ended up at ESPN three times for dinner with 20% off and for four adults it was $60 ish and I think that might even have included a beer or two?!
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Often worth checking the snack items, as they can be fairly substantial offerings. The chicken fried rice at Andaphur Local in AK springs to mind - we used a snack credit from our DDP for this, and also the garlic bread knots with sauce at Pizzafari, also in AK.

Check out the Getting Best Value from Dining Plans sticky where there are links to a list of snack credit items, and other "finds" from dibbers to get an idea, as most snack credit items are $5 or under.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!

Edited at 11:49 PM.
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Most of the meals at Disney are large enough to share, especially between two kids. A pizza at Wolfgang Pucks Express plus a side of fries does two adults.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I love the Plaza at Magic Kingdom and think its reasonably priced for a table service. I also like Trails End at the Wilderness Lodge and Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs.

Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary has some really good options for a quick service.