Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jul 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile Planet Hollywood - Avoid?

Hi all,
I've booked a table at Planet Hollywood Observatory on a night we have free during our stay. I was curious and went on YouTube and found that from the videos those people wouldn't go back. I'm thinking of cancelling and going elsewhere. However, before I do that has anyone been recently and came give me an opinion?

Thanks in advance
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

Ive read quite a few reviews because I'm in the same boat as you, we've booked but still undecided. From what I've read, it's not that bad just very loud, I know when it first reopened, it wasn't good but seems to be getting better.
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went there in May and our meal was fine. If you are on the dining plan then you only have to pay for the tip so not a lot of money, but if paying out of pocket than it can be expensive. We just had burger and fries and a desert for 3 of us the food was nice and the service was excellent, our server was a trainee but she was shadowed by a manager at all times and never got one thing wrong. The food was hot and our drinks where refilled without asking. The cost would have been $120 for 3 but we where on the dining plan so no cost only tip and we left $25.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have an ADR in August as DH wants to try the Guy Fieri burgers and my son wants one of their milkshakes! From what I've read it's loud but ok so I'm taking ear plugs! 🙄

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

we thought it was dreadful in comparison to how it was before the refurb, I was really looking forward to it as well :/

We got there and there were no people in the lobby just 10 staff. We went over to the right to ask someone where to go for our reservation and when they finished chatting to themselves they finally directed us to the 6 girls behind a desk on the left. Got there and they said fine go see the guys over there... where we had been.

So we stood there and other parties joined the queue. They would say to us "ok next 2 table is yours"... and a server would come up and say "table for 4" so they'd take a 4 from the back and so on... finally one of the servers said "I'll get a table for them" and wandered off, but meanwhile another 2 * parties of 2 were seated by other servers. Ours finally came back and said oh sorry I didnt find a table but the next one that comes up...

I mean, repeat that for 30 mins and you get the idea. poorly organised, loads of staff standing around chatting.

Finally we got squeezed into one of those tables for two with so little space between us and the two next to us that we could hear every word. They've removed most of the interesting items of movie memorabilia from downstairs and it's just like one big boring room. Upstairs looks ok but as with before they dont seem to open it up often.

The server was extremely busy but fine, she did a good job and knew the menu. The food when it arrived was wrong but to her credit she noticed and went to fix it.

Food itself fine. Nothing remarkable and certainly over priced but it was ok.

I always used to argue for planet hollywood when people used to say it was rubbish. After all it was a bit of a gimmick and the movie stuff everywhere was interesting to look at. Bit of an experience.

The refurb looked like it was going to be amazing but they've made it 100times worse IMHO. Now it's just like an open plan circle of squeezed in tables with nothing special to see.

Oh there's a huge video screen which is impressive to see. That's the one thing I'd say it has going for it.

waste of time, space and money.

Edited at 08:07 PM.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

I want to go but I keep hearing such mixed reviews.. I just can't make my mind up!
strawbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
I want to go but I keep hearing such mixed reviews.. I just can't make my mind up!
well if youre curious why not? but I just wouldn't expect much
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
well if youre curious why not? but I just wouldn't expect much
It's my our first time to Disney and there's so much choice..! Looking forward to it more than anything though. I'm sure once I'm in the Disney bubble we'll be happy enough to give anything a go.
strawbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We went in March and it wasn't a good experience. We had been before 4 or 5 times as my DD loved the place, we won't return again though.
But saying that it was just our experience, and I think that if it's something you want to do then you should try it for yourself because it may be a better experience for someone else!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List