Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Mar 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry cant give any advice but following with interest as we are also on the DDP for the first time this October/November.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have a read of this thread I started to help people new to dining plans https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1011133.

As for ADRs, we don’t necessarily book one every day but we will do a few signatures so they use 2 credits each. We do make sure all of our TS credits are booked though as I don’t want them to go to waste.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

We spend a few weeks revisiting all the menus and deciding where we would like to eat. There are some favourites in there too, then we match it to the busy day guides and where we will be each day.
Some of ours are 2 TS credits so in our case as a family of four with one picky eater we decide where we will pay OOP for her - this gives us more TS to play with.

The food is great so make sure you take the time to decide on the restaraunts and then put them into your plan, its as much a part of the holiday as everything else for us. If you are not sure have a read of some of the trip reports.

Don't forget the great restaurants in the hotels too - and its a great opportunity to look around. A cab from FQ is fairy cheap and no where is very far away.

I'd recommend you have a look at the following and see what floats your boat - all the menus are on the MDE Disney page- just filter by the Dining plan option to get the TS ones.

Great quality food: Yachtsman and Citricos - both 2 TS credits
Character breakfast Tusker House Animal Kingdom - choose the earliest time and you'll be in the park early too, Crystal Palace is a great lunch if you are melting in the heat and everyone needs a hug from Winnie the Pooh.(both only 1 TS)
For experience 50s Prime Time Cafe or Whispering Canyon, Rainforest cafe
for the view and Mimosas Cali Grill brunch - plus you can come back to watch the fireworks in the evening.
For good comfort food Crossroads at the House of Blues

Avoid at all costs - Planet Hollywood in Disney Springs

have fun, booking the food is part of the fun - all the above are in our last trip report if you want to see photos. . and all are on the next plan too.FQ with DDP!

Enjoy, your mouth will water before you get there - and any issues you can call and change bookings whilst there.
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

With DDP, we tend to book TS dinner most evenings and the occasional TS breakfast too on the days we're not rope-dropping a park. As we tend to eat off-site a few times during visits to other attractions, there tend to be a few spare TS credits for breakfasts or upgrades to signature restaurants.

I'd echo what everyone else is saying too - it's a LOT of food!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
we are the same our first time on the DDP. I started by looking at the places we could book for our table services then came up with a list for our full 14 day stay. I have booked one table service for every day, and have the view its better to have on booked wother you use it for breakfast, lunch or evening meal. You can always cancel in plenty of time if you don't want to go. As for lunch and using the quick service credits we have very roughly decided if we are eating in hotel for breakfast or just grabing a quick snakc and getting to the parks. I have got a list of plaxes I want to try and use quick service credit like Blaze pizzas and also pinnochio haus in MK for my sons. we are going May and I'm now getting really excited by the thought of eating at all these fab places.

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List