Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Apr 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mango76
Apprentice Imagineer

Dairy free options?

Since our list trip my daughter has had to change to a dairy free diet. It's not something I've ever had to take notice of in Orlando before but can anyone advise if there are dairy free options available freely in the parks?

I assume for ice cream we will have to go for sorbet or fruit lollies so that is quite simple but is there a list of a website that gives some dairy free options?
Jul 2020(Thomas Cook), Jul 2020 (Covid19!)
Oct 2021 - fingers crossed!
Mango76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenMab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Disney is great for food allergies/intolerances. I’m lactose intolerant and found plenty of yummy things to eat including dairy free ice-cream!
Try this site:
glutenfreedairyfreewdw/
It has some good info. Rx
Old 18 Apr 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mango76
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you
Jul 2020(Thomas Cook), Jul 2020 (Covid19!)
Oct 2021 - fingers crossed!
Mango76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

DS has a dairy allergy and Disney is the easiest place in the world for us to travel in terms of his diet. Every food outlet on property has an allergy menu (and the little carts have a folder with all the ingredients for everything they sell). Ask for the allergy menu and it’s super easy. They will often ask when you place your order if you are happy to proceed at the till or if you would like to speak to a chef. We’ve done both depending on how straightforward our choices were. We’ve even had a CM say it’s his first allergy order so he is going to get the chef to make sure he puts the order in correctly, and I was really impressed that he would do that to make sure we were all good, when he could have just guessed and hoped for the best.

Popcorn and pretzels from the carts are dairy-free, by the way! And anywhere you get Mickey bars or ice cream sandwiches usually has strawberry ice lollies as well, even if it’s not on their sign. (Sadly they haven’t caught up to Tokyo, where they are Mickey shaped! Just normal lolly shaped. But still tastes better at Disney than at home!)

When you get closer and decide on restaurants, just shout if you want any specific reviews!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Blaze Pizza do a vegan cheese option and Dole Whip is dairy free, she can live on those.

Seriously... as noted above, DF is super easy at WDW. The only ones where you may have slight issues are the non-Disney owned restaurants in Epcot and Disney Springs. But even they are pretty good. I tend to stick to Disney owned though as there's plenty of those I want to try anyway.

Many of the TS restaurants carry non-dairy ice cream (usually soy or rice based) so won't be restricted to just sorbets. For example, you can still get sundaes at Beaches & Cream if that's one you were interested in. Blog post about it here: glutenfreedairyfreewdw.c...ce-beach-club/
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TiggerBounces
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Please do double check but I’m sure I have read some where that dole whip is dairy free. Please don’t take my word it though, the cm’s should be able to advise.
TiggerBounces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by TiggerBounces View Post
Please do double check but I’m sure I have read some where that dole whip is dairy free. Please don’t take my word it though, the cm’s should be able to advise.
Out of the Dole Whip sold at WDW and Disneyland Paris, one is dairy-free and one isn't. Unhelpfully, I can't remember which is which but Google will confirm.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Out of the Dole Whip sold at WDW and Disneyland Paris, one is dairy-free and one isn't. Unhelpfully, I can't remember which is which but Google will confirm.
The WDW one is both GF and DF. Although not the pineapple swirl version - I think this is only sold at the Poly though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

like said dairy free dining is really easy at disney and there is a fairly decent range of choices available so she won't be stuck eating the same thing over and over unless she wants to.

Pineapple dole whip is dairyfree - though the vanilla one isn't hence why the swirl is not

it does vary by locations some have more choice than others but there are several different dairyfree icecreams available - ds really liked the rice dream one
you can even get dairyfree milkshakes at some locations

def check out the menus on the link previously posted as then you'll have a good idea of the best places to pick
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My little one is also dairy free for the most part. His is lactose intolerance. I was so glad to read there is dairy free ice cream. Ice cream is one of the main things he misses (has only been dairy free since october and hes almost 8)
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List