Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Apr 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What to do if can't do O'hana

Hi,

Its getting close to ADR crunch time and I've been stalking the Disney dining website to see how hard it is to get reservations at the restaurants I have on my list so I know which ones to book first.

So far, I think I'll be alright apart from O'Hana which I want to get on my first day in the parks (the day after I arrive which I think is 180+1).

I've had a look at my plan and really don't want to change it all around for the sake of O'Hana as we all really want to do MK on the first full day and I'm hoping for a BOG reservation for breakfast.

So... my question (getting to it eventually ) is: what would you recommend as a good alternative to O'Hana for our first day in the parks bearing in mind I'm thinking of a really early dinner (we'll likely be flagging) and we'll be in MK?

We're a family of four with kids aged 8 and 6 (6yr old is very fussy eater). I'd like to eat in either MK or one of the MK resorts I think but could feasibly eat in AKL I suppose too...

I'll be disappointed if I don't get a reservation for O'Hana as its one of my top choices but to me its not worth changing around my whole plan for one restaurant.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I can't see you having any problems with getting an ADR at Ohana..Keep your time options varied...We had no problem getting ours last trip..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Also don't think you'll struggle.

However, if you do. Just set up an alert with Touring Plans/ Mouse Dining & they will email you if/when a reservation becomes available.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Liberty tree tavern
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did ‘Ohana on our first full day last time and got a table for 5.30 cos we knew we’d be too tired any later than that.

I know what you mean though as I’m hoping to book a bog lunch on our first day and that’s not looking too hopeful either.

My other concern is that the ddp offer comes out tomorrow and it’s my ADR day as well! 😬

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don't see you having any problem getting your ADR at 'Ohana. Enjoy!
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge or Trails End at Ft. Wilderness. Not sure how fussy your 6 year old is but WDW may be a good place to expeand his palate. I think these both have a similar atmosphere to O'Hana and are close to the MK.

Also Plaza REstaurant in MK has pretty basic food and is relatively easy to get.

I never plan a trip more than 2 months out and see O'Hana pop up quite a bit.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

If you don't get Ohana first time then keep trying. I managed to get a reservation about 2-3 weeks before we went.

People book lots of restaurants at different times and then cancel then as they firm up their plans. Slots become available all the time.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I couldn’t get Ohana until day 8 of our trip, but I wanted a 515pm adr. The 330 adr isn’t as popular I believe.

1900 Park Fare dinner was our surprise hit of the holiday. Lovely food and lots of choice for kids..mine are fussy and loved it. We went for an opening time 4pm adr which was perfect. Seated immediately and the food was fresh on the buffet. A lovely alternative.

That said, Ohana was our favourite meal of the trip and is first on our list next time. I would shift things around to fit it in.

Good luck!
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

There are very few restaurants that are not available at 180 days, in fact I would be very confident of getting every single one of my choices. So I wouldn’t worry about it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List