Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Apr 06, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Question KSC - whats it like?

Can anyone tell me the sort of things you do at KSC
Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 06, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
KSC is a great day out and really interesting. You go on a bus tour out past where they keep the space shuttle and out to a viewing station near the launch sites, you can see for miles! The bus drivers give a commentary as you drive round and give you loads of interesting information on the Space programme as well as the local wildlife etc.- there are loads of alligators and birds around the area. After the bus tour you go to the main centre where there is a simulation of the first ever rocket launch and a display with loads of great space stuff, including a massive Saturn rocket and a mock space shuttle you can walk through. The centre also has talks with real life astronauts during the day and, of course, a massive gift shop!

It's not somewhere you would want to go every trip but it definately is a must see if you haven't been before - especially if there is a launch scheduled during your stay!
Old 15 Apr 06, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
james weir
Imagineer

Great day out so much to see and do,allow the full day you will need it,only
an hours drive from orlando.
james weir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 06, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
i loved the day out there and agree it not somewhere you would want to go back every year bt well worth the visit and i will return when my kids are older so they can appertiate it more
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 06, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Karena
slightly serious Dibber

A really great day out - there is a lot to take in and if you get too tied up on the coach tours (that can take a while) you can miss stuff in the main centre
The 'Meet the Astronaut' was awe inspiring - we went twice in a week and had two totally different but equally fascinating talks

Would highly recommend the Astronaut Hall of Fame as well.

It's not so great if you've got smaller children - might find it a bit dull after the attractions in the Disney parks!
Old 16 Apr 06, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Well worth a visit. My DH and our sons wanted to go and I didn`t think I`d like it, but I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed myself. :-)
Old 16 Apr 06, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Just to confirm what the others say it is well worth the visit...make sure you try the space ice cream... lol...funny stuff...yuk

John
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 06, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Dont miss the IMAX screening. Its takes your breath away. We found that there was too much to do in one day and had to miss some. The coach tour took us around 3 hours, great seeing the launch pad and even better if there is a shuttle on it. The thing that amazed me though was the about of wildlife seemingly unaffected by the operations at KSC that live around and about. Well worth a visit and a total change to the theme parks.

Jules_c
Old 16 Apr 06, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

One for the boys
Old 16 Apr 06, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looks like I'm the only one but I found most of it pretty boring! Don't get me wrong, it was interesting to see some of the shuttles and where they launch but I just can't say I was gripped.
Maybe it's just because I didn't feel too great at the time but I can't say I'd rush back. Give me Disney. Universal or SeaWorld any day!