Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 17, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

using three over there

i have a question about using three over in orlando

i do know i need a working three sim and phone

which package is the best for 2 weeks over there
will phone home pos twice while i am over there

and you use mobile data with it ?

can i easily top up over there if i run out

2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Lots of threads about this

But basically you need a phone with a 3 sim. Your phone needs to be unlocked to any network if you are not already on 3. You need credit and need to apply a All in One bolt on. So for example, buy the £20 bolt on with your credit and you get 3000 minutes to UK numbers, 3000 text and 9gb of data which need to be used in a 30 day period.

Yes you can top using the app. You’d be doing well to run out though! Just make sure you don’t make lengthy calls to US numbers.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I'm on the 321 PAYG tariff and, according to 3's website, I will be charged the same amount as if I were in the UK for calls (not calls to US numbers - just UK ones), texts and data. No mention of needing to buy a bolt on.

See here

three/support/roami...ed-states#payg

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I'm on the 321 PAYG tariff and, according to 3's website, I will be charged the same amount as if I were in the UK for calls (not calls to US numbers - just UK ones), texts and data. No mention of needing to buy a bolt on.

See here

If you are on PAYG, then you HAVE to buy the all in one 10 or 20 addon with credit on your account, otherwise you will be charged intenational rates for making calls!

If you are on a contract (advanced only), then you are already set up for this.
Old 6 Dec 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
If you are on PAYG, then you HAVE to buy the all in one 10 or 20 addon with credit on your account, otherwise you will be charged intenational rates for making calls!

Sorry but this is NOW incorrect. You do not have to buy the add-on for the US. You did last year but now the US rates are the same for calls to UK. ie its the same 3p calls 2p texts and 1p for mb of data as the UK. Calls to a US number are the same as before £1.40 per min.

So for occasional users you do not need to buy the at-home add-on although even the £10 top-up at the moment seems to be giving the larger allowance than normal. My last £10 top-up gave 9gb of data with the thousands of mins they are currently giving
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Sorry but this is NOW incorrect. You do not have to buy the add-on for the US. You did last year but now the US rates are the same for calls to UK. ie its the same 3p calls 2p texts and 1p for mb of data as the UK. Calls to a US number are the same as before £1.40 per min.

So for occasional users you do not need to buy the at-home add-on although even the £10 top-up at the moment seems to be giving the larger allowance than normal. My last £10 top-up gave 9gb of data with the thousands of mins they are currently giving
Calls and text worked for me without the add on in Nov this year, but it was only when I add the £10 bolt on that the internet started working.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by uktigg View Post

Nope. Just read their website. It clearly states that you can use your 321 credit and get normal 321 rates.

You can still get a bolt on if you want to but there is no need.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post

See here

Interestingly the txt I received on arrival in Aug and Nov said Calls Text and data were 3.3p a min 1.3p a text and 3.3p/mb which is slightly different than their website which is a little naughty.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

I'm with 3 (have been for about 13 years) and am on an essential monthly contract plan as I'd just changed my contract before I'd booked my holiday to Disney. Thankfully my contract is up for renewal before I go otherwise it'd be £1.40 per minute to ring home!

three/termspdf/Esse...%2006%2017.pdf

Last time I went to Disneyland Paris, I phoned my mam a few times but she kept putting the phone down because it said 'International Caller'. Thankfully I got to talk to her when she realised it was me, but the umpteen phone calls that had me talking to her for about 15 minutes, ended up costing me £45.
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Faythy View Post
I'm with 3 (have been for about 13 years) and am on an essential monthly contract plan as I'd just changed my contract before I'd booked my holiday to Disney. Thankfully my contract is up for renewal before I go otherwise it'd be £1.40 per minute to ring home!

three/termspdf/Esse...%2006%2017.pdf

Last time I went to Disneyland Paris, I phoned my mam a few times but she kept putting the phone down because it said 'International Caller'. Thankfully I got to talk to her when she realised it was me, but the umpteen phone calls that had me talking to her for about 15 minutes, ended up costing me £45.
The rules have now changed because of EU intervention earlier this year and you will be charged normal UK rates for calls back to the UK from any European country on any network now. 3 have also allowed the same deal for the US but for calls to a US number it is 1.40 pm.

SO for calls on three you make back to the UK you will be charged 3p per min not 1.40. But if you call a US number you will get the higher tarrif.

This is the link you need
three/support/roaming/united-states