Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 16, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by pfuller View Post
disneyparks.disney.go.com says informations about reservations will be available May 20th
It doesn't mention which year though.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
That is exactly what I thought when I read about it. We go home on 25th May so gutted about missing it all .
We fly home on the 26th! Really gutted to be missing it by just a few days ... no Soarin, no Anna and Elsa at Epcot yet, and now this ... It's quite clear another trip has to be made.

Edited at 09:41 AM.
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TigerRah View Post
I too would prefer to see some information from Disney regarding how the night opening and entertainment at AK will affect the animals and a full explanation of how their welfare and conditions will be protected.
I'm not sure why a bit of night time entertainment - without any loud flashes or bangs - would affect the animals any more than how they are currently affected. At the moment, some of the animals are herded out of their paddocks and into their outdoor enclosures early each morning, then several large loud trucks drive directly through their enclosure continuously for about 10 hours, and finally the animals are herded back into their indoor paddocks. Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people are entertained by various loud musical acts and noisy rides several hundred metres away throughout the daytime. The proposed changes are just a slight extension to that.

So, the conditions won't really be any worse.

I guess the question I would ask is whether Disney will carry on bringing some of it's animals indoors at sunset like they currently do. If so, then it will mean significantly less animals will appear on the night time safaris. If not, then why did they bring them inside in the first place?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 27
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
First thought was "poor animals".

Next was "poor guests"... walking those long wide walkways in the dark (sorry softly lit) bad enough sometimes in MK where the signposts/attractions are a lot closer together.

I imagine it will be wonderful and will attract guests to stay longer at AK, spending their money and buying their food, which I guess is the point.
I normally don't like to reply to such negativity, but oh my goodness! How can you possibly be so negative and pessimistic about things?! Spending thier money and buying their food - gosh darn it, don't tell me Disney is a company and not a charity? Surely not? Surely all they care about is the happiness of their guests? No...WELL OBVIOUSLY!

It's a totally new experience, new explorations, new times, new shows and new memories to be made! Why look at the negative side? Oh and if you don't like it, don't bloody go!
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 27
Also, how many people are happy to go on Kilimanjaro Safari in the day without thinking of the "Detrimental effect" it has on the animals?

I'm no zoologist, but I'm pretty sure animals can cope with light for a bit longer each day better than how they coped with truckloads of people clunking through their enclosures.

I'm not saying I think either is that detrimental by the way, animals adapt, they survive, it is part of what makes them so fascinating but I am bored to tears of hearing "Poor animals... yadda yadda... night time ... yadda yadda... how unfair" When you can bet all these people don't give two hoots about how they disturb the animals for the rest of the day.
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It's also worth remembering that animals like lions sleep for something like 20 hours a day, usually during the hot day time periods. Which just happens to be the time when those noisy trucks full of chatting people and drivers talking on a loudspeaker keep going past their small enclosure every 2 minutes. For them, it would probably be better if the safaris were only at night.

I think the mix up is due to the reason usually cited as to why AK doesn't have a firework display in the evening unlike the other parks. And that's because the close, loud bangs might scare the animals. It's not the reason why AK doesn't stay open later.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:15 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Any idea what time the river of lights could be on in November/December. If sunsets about 5.30 is it likely to be around this time?