Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Feb 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by VickyJ View Post
Easter is blockout as is some of Christmas and a lot of jan and feb now due to COHP and Mardi Gras. there is a whole monthlong blockout on VB during June also. I would weigh up that if the preferred passes come out as less than what you would have spent on tickets plus parking the do it but if it they are the same then you will have to really consider if it is worth it for you inc cost of merchandise, food and possible hotel discounts also. What is a good perk though is early entry with pref passes
It is only weekends in February and March that are blocked out with the seasonal pass and only applies to universal you can still go to IOA on weekends in both months until the 23rd March when the Easter black out kicks until the 7th April. All of July is blocked out with the seasonal pass as well as Christmas
Old 19 Feb 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Time: When you collect your annual pass, do they give you a free lanyard for it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NITR8 View Post
Question Time: When you collect your annual pass, do they give you a free lanyard for it?

Nope. We didn't get one in November, but we did see AP lanyards to buy.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

When do they tend to release rooms for the AP rate?

Looking to price up a room with an annual pass discount for mid August but still getting no rates available.
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WASTID View Post
When do they tend to release rooms for the AP rate?

Looking to price up a room with an annual pass discount for mid August but still getting no rates available.
They get released in batches at seemingly random times when I’ve been looking.

I found it’s cheaper to book early through the likes of Expedia and Netflights than it is to wait on the AP discount as by the time it’s released lower price rooms have sold out.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post

I found it’s cheaper to book early through the likes of Expedia and Netflights than it is to wait on the AP discount as by the time it’s released lower price rooms have sold out.
Agreed!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post

Hmm that's not what I wanted to hear! Should probably just reserve then keep an eye on any AP rooms being released I suppose and see if it's cheaper then cancel and rebook.
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Yes, we pick up from universal. We also pay for them on flex pay (5% down, then 11 monthly payments of the rest)
There are good points and bad points in doing this - Mostly good.

Good points :
Spread the cost
After the first 12 months you can cancel at a months notice. So if going 15 months apart this can be a good option as you can cancel after 15 months whereas if you brought annual you would need to pay for the full second year.
Bad point
No discount on renewal. By paying the full fee you get a discount on renewal which you do not get with monthly. This is a good bonus if you renew each year.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
One thing to be aware of is that you can upgrade a pass to the next level easily at Universal. They only charge the difference. So if you find you are going in a blackout date it is easy to just pay the difference. Just look at the annual pass prices (or renewals) and you only pay the difference.
We did this last year when we had an unexpected easter trip with blackout dates so just upgraded.

The nice bonus with the preferred pass as well as free parking is the 1 hour early entry like staying in the Cabana. Disadvantage is that all people in your party need it!
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have 3 park tickets for July bought in the uk, how do I work out the cost to upgrade to an annual price? I couldn’t work it out on the website. Tia
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List