Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SBF View Post
When we're in Florida, we see companies all over the place offering to purchase unused portions of park tickets ... presumably to re-sell. We've always been a little wary of these, so have never enquired further. I was wondering, have any of you had any experience of these? How do they work?
It is against the terms and conditions to resell or transfer these tickets to someone else.

Please do not recommend these sellers to your customers!

Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
Hi SBF, I have often wondered this. I sold some leftover Disney tix to a vendor on some car park somewhere a couple of years ago. They had a proper office but they appeared to be just taking my word for it how many days were left on the tix. i was honest but i am sure some wouldnt, therefore when buying off them how would you know what was left? They gave me a good price and the process was simple.
Technically what you did was illegal and against Disney terms and conditions.

(Years ago, the way I'd heard these scammers get the tickets to work is like this. I don't know whether this still applies with the new plastic RFID tickets:

The scammer buys the partially-used ticket from someone and takes a photo of the back. They then get someone to go to Guest Services at Disney and say they've lost their ticket. They show the photo of the back of the ticket as proof. Disney look up the ticket number on their system, see that it's been used recently, and so issue a replacement ticket. Because it's a new ticket, there's no fingerprint linked to it. The scammer then sells the ticket to some unsuspecting mug, possibly claiming that it has the full amount of days on it).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

If they have been linked to a MDE account then they cannot be used with any other account and the 'original' seller could still use them if they had another rfid ticket or magic band. I would stay well clear of them.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

See FL Statute 817.361

(2) A person who offers for sale, sells, or transfers in connection with a commercial transaction, with or without consideration, a nontransferable multiuse ticket or a card, wristband, or other medium that accesses or is associated with any such nontransferable multiuse ticket after the nontransferable multiuse ticket has been used at least once for admission commits a violation of this subsection. For purposes of this subsection, a multiuse ticket is nontransferable unless the phrase “may be used by more than one person” is printed clearly on the multiuse ticket by the issuer or the issuer explicitly states on its website that the multiuse ticket may be used by more than one person.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Its illegal so are you going to call the cops when they get nasty?
Hmm good point but they are so blatant, it's not like they are hiding. Why don't the cops just shut them down if it's so illegal.
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
So I suppose nobody's going to admit to having purchased from these people. It would have been interesting to hear their experience.
SBF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Hmm good point but they are so blatant, it's not like they are hiding. Why don't the cops just shut them down if it's so illegal.
Lack of money and manpower. The fines are not millions, the perps just pay up and put someone else in to get around the felony it becomes if you are arrested again. Trust me, we have worked on this.

Why do you think Disney have brought out the bands and are upgrading them? They have even donated to politicians to help get laws passed to try to stop this.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Cripes I never knew it was illegal! Bit like ticket touting here for footy? As posted earlier they are everywhere.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Look, the bottom line is this. It's illegal because naturally Disney and the other parks don't want to be undercut so they protect their interests through legislation. Whether we think that's right or not, it is what it is.

The issue is that the people who buy or resell are big business criminals who have fingers in all sorts of pies. You might think it's ok to just sell a ticket but would you feel comfortable selling to someone who could possibly be funding other crime? Anything from trafficking to terrorism?
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Think were getting to the truth of it here with the mention of donations and politicians, no one is losing money as Disney or whoever have already been paid, no violence issues like footy here...just greed by big corporations
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SBF View Post
So I suppose nobody's going to admit to having purchased from these people. It would have been interesting to hear their experience.
The would literally be admitting a cime.

Are you still considering these booths then?
Closed Thread