Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jan 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
Think were getting to the truth of it here with the mention of donations and politicians, no one is losing money as Disney or whoever have already been paid, no violence issues like footy here...just greed by big corporations
These people who resell are not Angels.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SBF View Post
So I suppose nobody's going to admit to having purchased from these people. It would have been interesting to hear their experience.
I doubt anyone is silly enough to come on here. "Yoo-hoo look at me I'm a criminal"
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Hmmm, its like a lot of things that are made illegal it pushes them underground and hence attracts organised crime gangs. Whereas if it was legal and managed less attractive to the baddies. On the face of it I can see no harm, park already been paid the price they dictate and get "extra" money through food, drink and souvenir sales (which they would lose if the tix lapsed), original tix holder gets a few bucks back, and purchaser gets a bargain...just the baddies spoiling it and the Corporations greed.
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I'm sorry if you all think it's harsh but we see the real warts and all.

Human trafficking is rife and on the increase in Fl and it's not a pretty sight. You might think it's harmless just selling on or buying a ticket from these people but harmless is the last thing it is. You are playing your part in organized crime. Without people reselling unused tickets there would be no booths.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Hmmm, its like a lot of things that are made illegal it pushes them underground and hence attracts organised crime gangs. Whereas if it was legal and managed less attractive to the baddies. On the face of it I can see no harm, park already been paid the price they dictate and get "extra" money through food, drink and souvenir sales (which they would lose if the tix lapsed), original tix holder gets a few bucks back, and purchaser gets a bargain...just the baddies spoiling it and the Corporations greed.
Yes, as I say, it is what is is unfortunately.
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm afraid it as fact of life that just because "I can see no harm" doesn't mean that one can choose which laws to obey and which they don't have to.
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with the human trafficking aspect being terrible but the initial act of buying or selling a ticket is seperate
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Are the booths actually still doing this? I didn't see any this past 4 weeks in the places I'd usually notice them,I thought maybe the whole MDE and finger scan thing had stopped them.
Old 17 Jan 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
I'm sorry if you all think it's harsh but we see the real warts and all.

Human trafficking is rife and on the increase in Fl and it's not a pretty sight. You might think it's harmless just selling on or buying a ticket from these people but harmless is the last thing it is. You are playing your part in organized crime. Without people reselling unused tickets there would be no booths.
I completely agree with you, and I understand that it might not be as harmless as simply buying a second hand ticket but it just baffles me. If you were a criminal and you wanted to try and legitimately front your business why open a booth that sells things that are illegal ?
Old 17 Jan 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I agree with the human trafficking aspect being terrible but the initial act of buying or selling a ticket is seperate
If you know it's illegal and is enabling other crime, it's no so far removed. Turning a blind eye?
Closed Thread